Anyone looked in the KXF450 forum lately?

16 replies to this topic
  • NOMADAK

Posted April 16, 2006 - 12:18 AM

http://www.thumperta...splay.php?f=119

Several guys in my state picked up these bikes. I was doing a bit of reading over there. Sheesh, those poor bastages!

Loads of threads mentioning siezed motors..... breaking pistons..coolant problems....impeller housings melting....etc. etc. etc. Kawasaki is looking at a serious recall......Wiseco has a "kit" to fix the piston issue already.

I don't wish bad on anyone...it must really suck after winning all those magazine shootouts.

Sure glad I didn't change colors :thumbsup: .

• SureBlue

Posted April 16, 2006 - 12:27 AM

I remember the dispute two green riders had with grayracer not so long ago here about the reliability of these bikes... falshh and some other guy from Texas.
Too bad if they blow up, it is always someone's hard earned money.

• Ga426owner

Posted April 16, 2006 - 05:29 AM

I came so close to buying one of those 06 green bikes.......something kept telling me....it is a 1st yr bike David beware....as well as the fear of documented kawi quality issues over the past 20years that aint that great....I am so glad I stayed loyal to Yami this yr. I have never read so many problems on TT for a first year bike....The few that have no issues are far out weighted by the many coming to TT to post their problems....it kills me that the few green "proud owners" 2 of which came to this side to argue their validation are so doubtful and negative to the owners that have the issues....come on guys some support is needed not doubt
I do not believe people are just making this stuff up....I too hope that Kawi gets their act together for 07 refining all of these and other non discussed issues...it goes to show that magazine test still sell bikes even if they blow up.... :thumbsup:

• NYMXer

Posted April 16, 2006 - 06:04 AM

I feel bad for anyone who spends almost $7K for a bike and have serious issues like this pop up.

• ovrrdrive

Posted April 17, 2006 - 12:54 AM

What's bad about it is if you were to start a thread over there about how the Kawasaki's suck there would be a hundred people oposting about how great they are. Brand loyalty is a strange thing...

Not to mention the people with problems are always the loudest.

• NYMXer

Posted April 17, 2006 - 03:54 AM

Hehe...........let someone start an thread here bashing Yamahas and see how well they get treated. No one wants to hear publically that their $7K bike has issues. The truth is, it could be our brand next year so I won't cast any stones over there. :thumbsup:

• xcape

Posted April 17, 2006 - 10:01 AM

I was at the Kawi dealer an hour before I went blue (I mean yellow) Happy I walked away.

• timisadonkey

Posted April 17, 2006 - 10:18 AM

Hehe...........let someone start an thread here bashing Yamahas and see how well they get treated. No one wants to hear publically that their $7K bike has issues. The truth is, it could be our brand next year so I won't cast any stones over there. :thumbsup:

Your right no one whats too be told they got a dud. Like Ovrrdrive said the people with problems are the loudest. Who wants to talk about Bikes that are running normal. My bikes running like a top but if I do get some problems I can double check what is going on with the other people. I think all the 450's rip just pick your fav color. give bubba and RC any bike and they would still be 1 and 2

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted April 17, 2006 - 10:42 AM

I remember the dispute two green riders had with grayracer not so long ago here about the reliability of these bikes... falshh and some other guy from Texas.
Too bad if they blow up, it is always someone's hard earned money.

That was over their assertion that the '06 YZ450 amounted to a new and unproven design, while mine was that it is simply a refinement of the proven design that's been as durable as a man hole cover since it came out. (there were also some other undeserved and inaccurate criticisms leveled at the new YZF, but that's not important here)

Kawasaki's 450 is an interesting and exciting bike with a lot of potential. But the bike is a first year issue that did have some trouble during its development, and Kawasaki is not Yamaha. The American public is notoriously hard on equipment (in 1970, Norton sold 21% of their motorcycle production here, but shipped us 68% of their replacement parts output), but it's a shame to see anyone get stung like that when it's obvious that it can be avoided with enough effort on the manufacturer's part.

• Reyndogg

Posted April 17, 2006 - 12:23 PM

sucks to hear about that...we all ride, gloating about the misfortune of others is weak.

• cmtbiker

Posted April 17, 2006 - 01:30 PM

that really sucks that the kawi is having all these issues now. piston, wristpin, detent bolt in tranny, melted "y" fitting in coolant system (the impellor housing didn't melt, the plastic from the "y" got all over). i was seriously considering getting the kawi before all these issues started popping up. everything looked good until about a month ago when a lot of these issues started. now i am probably gonna end up getting the YZ450F because i havent heard anything bad about it YET.

• Drfletcherdc

Posted April 17, 2006 - 04:20 PM

that really sucks that the kawi is having all these issues now. piston, wristpin, detent bolt in tranny, melted "y" fitting in coolant system (the impellor housing didn't melt, the plastic from the "y" got all over). i was seriously considering getting the kawi before all these issues started popping up. everything looked good until about a month ago when a lot of these issues started. now i am probably gonna end up getting the YZ450F because i havent heard anything bad about it YET.

The stock front tire needs to be replaced. :thumbsup:

• cmtbiker

Posted April 17, 2006 - 04:57 PM

i've heard that the stock front tire on almost all the 450's is shit and needs to be replaced

• NOMADAK

Posted April 17, 2006 - 07:25 PM

The stock front tire needs to be replaced. :thumbsup:

:confused:
OH the HORROR!

VERY true though, for anything other than hard pack! :thumbsup: :bonk: :bonk:

• Ga426owner

Posted April 21, 2006 - 05:09 AM

And now their Ti headpipes are splitting at the weld seams.......unbelievable

• Troutman

Posted April 21, 2006 - 06:29 AM

This sucks, I feel badly for the Kawi guys excited about the new 450 which got some good reviews. I know how excited I was for getting the new model YZ450F I cant imagine how pissed I would be if it had one of these problems let alone the plethora that is being reported. This may realy hurt Kawi's sales this year and after. I think all the major mags need to conduct reliability tests on all the major bikes thats published about 4 or 5 months after the shootout's, now that would be some valuable information! Anyway this is not an anti Kawi post from another a-hole Yamaha guy but I hope that Kawi takes care of those of you having problems and there is no question in my mind that Kawi will have the bugs worked out for 07. Good luck.

• Fastest1

Posted April 21, 2006 - 06:56 AM

I feel bad for anyone who spends almost $7K for a bike and have serious issues like this pop up.

You ought to see what I paid for my 2004 FORD F250 CC 6.0 Diesel. POS! 2 (5R110) transmissions in 56,000 miles and it was under warranty on the 1st one but Ford denied the claim. BUYER BEWARE! Last FORD I will own! Could have bought 6 of those bikes!

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.