When will the Effin problems stop?!?!?!?!?!

23 replies to this topic
  • 642MX

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:32 PM

Is that possible? :thumbsup:

I doubt it, but maybe, just maybe, he will learn how to do something correctly. LOL. :thumbsup:

• Satch0922

Posted April 19, 2006 - 05:39 PM

man.....I love a good train wreck! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • darksun27

Posted April 19, 2006 - 07:06 PM

I doubt it, but maybe, just maybe, he will learn how to do something correctly. LOL. :thumbsup:

yep i think i did, i bought a $4 bottle of stop leak for radiators and it fixed the radiator leak and the water in the oil problem. Now wasnt that easier then waiting 3 busniess days for parts to come in, missing my next race, spending wasted hours tearing the whole motor back apart, replacing a $.20 o-ring and buying a very expensive replacemnt radiator?

• darksun27

Posted April 19, 2006 - 07:11 PM

Ok, just replacing the water pump shaft seals is not always the entire fix when the seals are leaking. If the water pump shaft is worn (which it probably is) you will eat more seals and leak prematurely....and, quite possibly pass water into the oil. I think it's a sub $25 part (for the shaft). I recommend pulling the ride side cover off again, replace the shaft and seals again and try it.

If you did everything else right, then this will most likely fix your problem.

Why not replace the cam chain?? It's like $12.....

ohh sorry i didnt mention it earlier if anyone was wondering i did replace the water pump shaft along with the seals, thanks to TT on that, if i hadnt researched it on here i probably would of wasted more time trying to fix this bike. and i have a cam chain on order but it hasnt arrived yet

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.