What Boots??

7 replies to this topic
  • WRipper

Posted October 12, 2001 - 05:35 PM

Just wondering what you guys are putting on your feet. I'm going to splurge for new boots tomorrow while I still have a job. The trickle down effect of this war is horrible.

• Ron_S

Posted October 13, 2001 - 01:23 AM

Look at the SIDI, Alpintstars, or the Garne boots. I chose the SIDI's because they are like wearing running shoes. I was told the foot portion was designed by NIKE. A few of my friends have them too, and love them. There is virtually no break in needed. The SIDI's come in 2 sole types. The conventional sole seems to be the choice. There is good feel for the shifter and brake. They are not bulky and thick in the toe area. Hope this helps.

• WRFUN

Posted October 13, 2001 - 03:42 AM

WRipper,

I'm using the Alpinestars M6. Great boot for me, no break-in time needed. What type of riding are you doing. If you are racing go to the Tech 8, I just trail ride with my little girl and rip around with some friends. Hope this helps. Also, Dirt Bike or Motocross Magizine did a shoot out of the top 15 boots, if I find the article I will post it.

Pete

• Scott_in_KC

Posted October 13, 2001 - 09:23 PM

I've got the Tech 6 Alpinestars. The break-in fast and are comfortable. The buckles are replacable and good quality throughout! I paid $175 from MC Accessory Warehouse early this year on special. There are and will be some killer clothing & boot deals this fall so shop around!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted October 13, 2001 - 02:26 PM

Had the Gaerne RX's and they were comfortable but, didn't ofer the ankle support, I was looking for. I have the Tech 8 Alpinestars now and love them. They don't take long to break in (2 rides) and take a little getting used to the feel or lack of (shifting).

Can't see buying any other boot...... again.

Bill

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, All YZ Modifications, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

AMA, Happy Ramblers MXC (Dist #7), Tower City and Rausch Creek

• WRipper

Posted October 16, 2001 - 05:40 PM

Thanks for the advice. I was given an offer I couldn't refuse on a pair of MSR's, so I bought them. They seem a litle chunky though.

• yzernie

Posted October 16, 2001 - 06:48 PM

I have MSR's and really like them. You are correct, they do feel a little bulky at first but you'll forget about that soon. MSR's are made by Alpinestar.

Ernie

------------------
--Life is too short, work hard...play hard--
Sponsored by Yamaha of Cucamonga, Larry Roeseler's Stroker Fourstroke Speed Equipment and Answer Racing, yzernie@dirtracers.com

• YAMAKAZE

Posted October 18, 2001 - 05:40 AM

I use Thor Boots for woods riding and AlpineStars Vector's for MX and serious Jumping. The Ankle Support and anti-Shock insert work great.

------------------
1999 WR 400F:
Headlight Removed,Odo Removed,Gray Wire - Cut,Throttle Stop - Trimmed,YZ Timing,GYT-R Pro-Bend Hand Guards /Tripple Clamp Mounts,YZ Front/Rear Fender,YZ Number Plate,Race Tech Suspension(by MXTuner),Dunlop 756 Front and Rear,Renthal Fat Bars W/GYT-R Pad,Renthal 14/53 Gearing,DID Race Chain,Custom Grips,Graphics by CEET,White Brothers E-Series Exhaust,Modified Compression Release,Acerbis Frame Guards,12 oz Flywheel Weight;Polaris 400 Sport,Polaris 250 Trailblazer

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.