bent up rear frame

2 replies to this topic
  • Micah27

Posted April 15, 2006 - 10:44 AM

The other day i crashed into a slab of concrete in some tall grass and front flipped my bike (yz450f), it landed on the back end and totaled the silencer and bent the rear frame out of wack. My neighbor is a welder and said he could probably straighten it pretty good but I'm not sure if it will be as strong and if the handling will be affected severely enough to notice. (by the way I dont race). Also what would be your choice of a slip-on for a fair price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • avlnch

Posted April 15, 2006 - 11:16 AM

Probably better off getting a new subframe.

• rmracer27

Posted April 15, 2006 - 08:36 PM

If you would check ebay you can find some pretty good deals on a used straight one. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.