Carb divider

2 replies to this topic
  • Scotty426

Posted April 15, 2006 - 06:28 AM

Anyone tried carb dividers to sharpen the throttle response? I had a good experience on my 2 stroke with it (RB designs brazed in divider) but don't know how it would be with a big thumper. Love to hear opinions, experiences are even better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John407

Posted April 15, 2006 - 07:52 AM

I'm running a "power now" type of insert between the carb and the cylinderon my '03 YZ450, is it the same thing? Mine has two plates that divide the intake into 3 horizontal sections. I think the bike starts better and the bottom end is stronger, so there seems to be no midrange hit anymore. Top end? No difference, it still scares me. :thumbsup:

• swab400

Posted April 15, 2006 - 08:14 AM

Yes a carb divider such as the power now work great on these bikes go to and look at the articles about the jamesnow it is a homemade powernow that works killer and is easy to make. Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.