Engine Stalls At Slow Speeds

3 replies to this topic
  • cooracpro

Posted April 14, 2006 - 07:31 PM

It seems like my engine on my 2000 yz 426 kills a lot at low speeds,if I climb a hill and feather the throttle at the top it seems like it just dies out right on the crest of the hill,or if I am putting along a slow trail it seems like it just idles down and dies,anyone have any suggestions or need anymore info from me to make a diagnosis.Your help would be greatly appreciated,I really have enjoyed this bike I haven't rode for the last 15 years and I cant believe how far these bikes have came.Also I am 53 years old so that should explain a lot of the putting around.
Thanks Jim

• Tooliemxer

Posted April 14, 2006 - 07:41 PM

turn up the idle a little and make sure the clutch it set up right-my CRF450 did the same when it was new. It stalled at the start line just putting it in gear and kept stalling in the tight corners-for some reason I've never had that problem before that bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • canadian109

Posted April 14, 2006 - 08:12 PM

check the valve clearence it made a big difference on mine

• kid on a 426

Posted April 14, 2006 - 09:23 PM

Is the jetting right? Does it backfire on deceleration. Try adjusting the idle like toolie said and maybe the pilot. If you still have prbolems then just get a rekluse or gear it WAY down to like a 13 53.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.