'93 XR650L won't start

4 replies to this topic
  • Flako

Posted April 14, 2006 - 06:02 PM

Last fall, I layed my bike on its side on the lawn for about 15 minutes while I lubricated the chain. Then I put it in the garage for the winter. Now it won't start. I have never had any problems starting it before but have had to recharge the battery 3 times now. Still no go. Could laying it on its side have caused a problem in the carb?

• goblin127

Posted April 14, 2006 - 07:58 PM

It's not a good thing for a wet cell battery to be on it's side. Could the float have hung up?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Maniak

Posted April 14, 2006 - 10:30 PM

After a long winter sit I would pull the carb and clean it completly, all jets and fuel and air circuts. But when you laid it on its side gas could have flooded into the cylinder and fouled the plug, try a new plug and bump start.

• Mountain Road Madness

Posted April 15, 2006 - 07:32 AM

Man, don't lay it on its side to lube the chain. :confused: :bonk: :bonk: Leave it on the side stand or a milk crate to lube it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Mountain Road Madness

Posted April 15, 2006 - 07:33 AM

Wecome to TT :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.