Taffy, this is what I have...

1 reply to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted October 12, 2001 - 10:22 AM

EMN #2
172 MJ
PAS @ 1.5 turns out
220 MAJ (don't have the replacement...yet.
45 pilot jet
Fuel screw @ 1 turn - this will be adjusted after the bike is up and running.

Test ride will be Saturday 10/13.

I am also looking for the web page for R&D racing and the P38 Lightning. I have seen it on the Web, but now cannot locate it.

Question: With the adjustable PAS, do I want more flow or less than the (100?) PAJ?

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, Mobil 1 15W-50.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted October 12, 2001 - 11:18 AM

well done kev

the settings look good. you don't have a 42 PJ so the 45PJ will need about #100 PAJ. this is exactly one (not 1.5) whole turn open from closed kev, OK?

i always thought that to get the fuel through the pilot system you needed the PAJ's to keep up or infront of the PJ's but it doesn't work like that.

the two flow let's say 'seperately' and you pick the one to match the other and not to help the other up.

so a 45PJ is going to flow so much fuel and the PAS isn't going to 'change it', but it can 'compete' with it and 'match it' or even 'overtake it'.

finally when they exit together the PS 'crushes' them both by the appropriate amount.

so your 45 will need the #100 (1 turn)
a 42 would want a #85/90 (3/4 or 7/8th turn)

if it misfires while revving out in second or third the needle is rich. if you go flat out in top and snap the throttle closed and let it slow right down in fifth to 10 mph;

if it backfires straightaway the MJ or needle may be lean. if it does it further on at lower revs it is the pilot system.

don't forget to have a few idle snap tests for your PS setting. 1/2 turn either way of 1.5 turns is good.

try the APJ off if you're brave. i wish i had my 'Stroker' on if only to help you mate. sorry! good luck

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.