Aluminum Throttle Tubes

5 replies to this topic
  • DrThumper

Posted April 14, 2006 - 01:48 PM

Hey guys, I need a new throttle tube. I would like to get an aluminum one, but I use handguards. Who makes a good aluminum throttle tube with an open end (or an aluminum throttle tube with a closed end that you know I can cut-off w/o messing up the tube and/or bearing...if it has one).

BTW-Its for my '00 426, if it matters... :thumbsup:

• crfdaddy

Posted April 14, 2006 - 02:10 PM

i believe pro taper makes a open end throttle tube with a bearing in it. i have a pro taper with the bearings in it but it is a closed end. i am very happy with mine as i plan on pulling it off along with some other after market stuff i put on the 04 450 and sell it, probably going to a 250f

• Ga426owner

Posted April 14, 2006 - 05:28 PM

If you are going to cut the ends for handguards buy the cheapest one you can find sunstar..... :thumbsup: Do not get one with the bearings unless you give up the handguards or just use roost protectors

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ridesblue

Posted April 15, 2006 - 04:20 PM

i got one from performance engineering and it has an end that you can punch out for hand guards

• DrThumper

Posted April 17, 2006 - 01:06 PM

Thanks Guys!

• gjones

Posted April 18, 2006 - 04:26 AM

Moose Racing makes an open ended aluminum throttle tube.
You will have to order through Parts Unlimited.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.