WR400/IMS tank issues

2 replies to this topic
  • JJHayesIII

Posted April 14, 2006 - 12:15 PM

Just bought a WR400, that came with the IMS tank. I noticed it was having trouble getting fuel with a low tank (the fuel line wasn't full), but there was gas in the right side of the tank, where the petcock is. The fuel line goes up over the carb, which seems to make for an odd/difficult path for the fuel...does this have anything to do with it?

another thing, when I kill the bike, and leave the petcock in the on position, it will start to leak fuel out of the overflow. If i turn the petcock off, it will stop leaking after a few seconds...what could this be from?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MattF

Posted April 15, 2006 - 07:30 AM

I have the same tank on my '99 WR. I don't have any issue getting fuel from the right side of the tank when it's low. Maybe the fuel level is below the main petcock tube inside the tank... try reserve. The leak from the overflow tube could be caused by incorrect float level or a bad seal at the needle valve. Check the o-ring.

• JJHayesIII

Posted April 17, 2006 - 11:32 AM

I have the same tank on my '99 WR. I don't have any issue getting fuel from the right side of the tank when it's low. Maybe the fuel level is below the main petcock tube inside the tank... try reserve. The leak from the overflow tube could be caused by incorrect float level or a bad seal at the needle valve. Check the o-ring.

Looks like I just didn't have enough gas...what's the point of the extra capacity if you can't even use a good amt of it? oh well...

So, I guess I'll be taking a look at the carb in the near future...haven't come close to pulling this thing apart yet, so I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the help!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.