Corbin on 650L with Clarke- fits???

4 replies to this topic
  • XRJunkie

Posted April 14, 2006 - 11:06 AM

Snagged a ever so slightly used Corbin for my '02 650L. Already have a Clarke tank (I think the 4.0 one) on the bike.

Went out to install the Corbin this morning and simply cannot get the seat forward enough on the frame to line up the two seat bolts. Ok, so I "could" if I used a big enough hammer, but I'd rather not damage the seat...

Anyone know if the Corbin will/won't work with a Clark tank? Calling Corbin they say that they "understand" it works with an IMS, but no clue on Clarke.

Anyone? Anyone?

Thanks!

• Hayden

Posted April 14, 2006 - 02:01 PM

Mine came with a corbin and I bought a 4.7 Clarke. It was a tight fit but I got it to work. The problem is the back of the tank has a steeper up angle than the front of the Corbin. I have to grab the top/front and back of the corbin and bend it a little in a U shape fashion to get the front clip to slide in under the frame. Have you checked to make sure your tank is pushed as far forward as possible?? After I got mine figured out, its not a problem any more.

Hayden.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • goblin127

Posted April 14, 2006 - 07:50 PM

I have a corbin and clark 4.0 tank combo on the bike now and it fits. My problem fiting the seat was not the tanks fault,but the seat mount tang on the right side was not long enough by about a 1/2 in.soooo what I did was where the right side bolt was to go through I cut the end of the bolt hole turning it into sort of a fork then welded an extension on to the fork drilled it out and now it fits perfect any time I need to remove it.

• XRJunkie

Posted April 15, 2006 - 04:40 AM

Thanks for the suggestions...

Hayden- I've tried bending the seat to the point I think the fiberglass might crack. No joy. Might be a different between the 4.0 and 4.7 Clarkes...

Goblin- As much as I hate accept defeat with the stock setup, I think you might have the right idea. I'll have to look at it again, but I think that mod would fix the issue.

• bluerock5

Posted April 15, 2006 - 04:52 AM

I have the 4.7 and the Corbin and the seat was a challenge at first - in fact I shot in the seat bolt backwards( ) - for a month or so and then the alignment "became" correct and now the bolt easily goes in the correct way. They both work great together now.

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.