Silly question

2 replies to this topic
  • Darth Wader

Posted April 13, 2006 - 07:52 PM

Does anyone know if a 00' YZ426 K&N air filter will fit a 06' WR450? I'm not all that worried about it but, I just got my new WR and still have this K&N filter from my YZ. They have different part numbers but, is the intake shaped that much differently?

Curious mostly...thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • simon@vic

Posted April 13, 2006 - 08:44 PM

i don't think they are the same.

is it a foam K&N? i wouldn't want a "normal K&N style" filter in my dirtbike...........

• Darth Wader

Posted April 14, 2006 - 03:36 AM

No, it is the 'normal' I mentioned just curious. I didn't use it on the YZ (came with it when I bought it) but, got looking at that thing and wondered how much the air filter frame/opening has evolved on the bikes.

Sometimes I think too much. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.