Yes another Rekluse question!!!

3 replies to this topic
  • gregwr450f

Posted April 13, 2006 - 03:24 PM

When I first put my rekluse in I got the gap just right at .032 (0.80mm) but I had to use all 7 Rekluse steel plates to do so.
After a few hours riding, I had problems with it grabbing and stalling so I assume the fibre plates were a little low, knowing that I would not be able to increase the gap as all rekluse plates are already in I got some new fibre plates.
I have now installed the new fibres and 6 of the rekluse steels but the gap is still way to big you got any ideas :thumbsup:

• jaggley

Posted April 13, 2006 - 04:50 PM

Get a micrometer and measure the thickness of those steel plates. Th rekluse ones are supposed to be 0.055". The ones that came with mine were only 0.045". I called rekluse and they sent me the right ones.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gregwr450f

Posted April 13, 2006 - 05:04 PM

Good idea,thanks mate.
Without measuring them yet I would say that is the problem, seeing as I had to use all of them when I first installed it.

• gregwr450f

Posted April 13, 2006 - 06:32 PM

Nope they measure up OK......bugger

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.