Bar risers and taller seat for 06?

28 replies to this topic
  • xcape

Posted April 18, 2006 - 05:36 PM

Looking at cutting (lowering) the footpegs today is the footpeg spacer easy to cut with a hacksaw?

• PK

Posted April 18, 2006 - 06:21 PM

I have a hard enough time getting bikes to fit me at 6'3", I couldn't imagine 6'9". I saw Rik Smits in a magazine riding and he's 7'2".

• dooweb2

Posted April 18, 2006 - 09:25 PM

no they are titanium .. very hard and brittle compared to the old style pegs.. I think 04 and older are the steel ones and easier to cut . ive cut them..

• xcape

Posted April 19, 2006 - 06:03 AM

pro taper

found these

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SurvivorMan

Posted April 19, 2006 - 06:28 AM

Don't get risers, make it simple, just get RC hi bend Renthals. They are about 1 3/4" taller than stock. I love mine, I am 6'3" and fit perfect. this way you have a stronger base mount and hooking up a stabilizer is easier.
The RC hi's have little sweep so rotating them forward also gives your long arms some more room.

• eazrider

Posted April 19, 2006 - 07:37 AM

No one has really answered the "taller seat" part of the question.....I'm looking for something 3/4-1" taller than stock for my '06 450...something to ease the transition from sitting to standing....and doesn't look like a hotdog bun once it is installed.....

• xcape

Posted April 19, 2006 - 08:23 AM

No one has really answered the "taller seat" part of the question.....I'm looking for something 3/4-1" taller than stock for my '06 450...something to ease the transition from sitting to standing....and doesn't look like a hotdog bun once it is installed.....

active thread going on now called "taller seat"

• FlynRyn

Posted April 19, 2006 - 08:38 AM

The directions clearly state you either use the small washer on the underside or the large one up top..of course if the bolt is long enough I guess you can use both on top like some are doing already.

The bolt is not long enough to use both spacers in my opinion and the bolt looks to be an integral part of the structure for the risers. The rule of thumb is for thread depth is 2 X the bolt diameter, in this case its a 12mm and using both washers barely provides 6mm of thread support. Not to mention using the smaller spacer on top provides less base support further weakening the over all structure and support for the risers.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 20, 2006 - 11:31 AM

pro taper

found these

Don't buy these unless you are planning on buying a ProTaper upper triple clamp. :thumbsup: These will not work with your stock clamps.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.