what quiet pipes fit 06 yz450f, any one got one for sale

5 replies to this topic
  • dooweb2

Posted April 13, 2006 - 02:25 AM

I know its a new bike but does anyone have a fmf Q pipe for sale.. any other yrs fit? any quiet pipe tests out there with other options . thanks Jeff

• DPW

Posted April 13, 2006 - 05:25 PM

I found this on the Yamaha site...

http://www.yamaha-mo...0/0/detail.aspx

• cmtbiker

Posted April 14, 2006 - 12:46 PM

that gytr pipe looks pretty nice. does anyone have it on their bike

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted April 14, 2006 - 05:18 PM

that gytr pipe looks pretty nice. does anyone have it on their bike

Not that I know of....but if the power is at least the same as stock I might get one.

• Bones717

Posted April 15, 2006 - 05:27 AM

Jeff, before I bought my '04, I looked at this. Thank God mine came with the FMF pipe, and the Q insert. I looked into getting a "OEM insert" just incase, but no one around here except maybe www.racetools.com could help. Good luck. I'm sure that you have already seen this from PRA's web site, but... 450 4-strokes

OEM Fitted w/max 6 open discs + solid end
White Bros E Series w/max 6 open discs + solid end
Dr. D spark arrester exhaust system w/insert
FMF Q Series

* Unaltered OEM systems are also allowed on woods/off road bikes such as the CRF250X, WR250F, 400EXC, etc

Using any other system not included on this list is a direct violation of the PRA Sound Rule subject to Board review and membership termination.

· Obtaining a Variance
So as not to shut out other potential solutions that may be offered by the exhaust manufacturers or elsewhere, club members will have the opportunity to create an exception or add to the 4-stroke approved equipment list for 2006. It does not matter what the magazines, dealers or manufacturers say – ONLY THE PRA BOARD can authorize/approve additional exhaust systems by unanimous decision of the entire board. To be considered for a variance, an exhaust solution must, per the standard MIC sound measurement process, be at or below the following minimums

• dooweb2

Posted April 15, 2006 - 05:45 AM

Hey kelly, Yep I know about the strict policy at PRA and was thinking about a yosh with the insert , which by the way I have been told is a great pipe for racing and terrible with insert in .. not all that quiet and very very restrictive so im really just lookin for a q2 but I ordered one yesterday I just thouht I'd take a shot and really was wondering if anyone put one from their 04 or 05 on the 06 and if it fit like the yosh from the 02 fit on the 03 even though it says it wont .. anyway Im off to break it in today ..

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

• Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.