Dynorun on my WR450

46 replies to this topic
  • odonnks

Posted April 13, 2006 - 01:11 PM

Awsome bike !

Thanks for sharing

• XRYoda

Posted April 13, 2006 - 01:15 PM

Do you use the stock airfilter holder with the backfire screen in it?

• Wheeliedevil

Posted April 13, 2006 - 01:37 PM

optimum air fuel

Ok. No, for optimized performance it's between 12,8 up to 13,2 depending on bike.

• Wheeliedevil

Posted April 13, 2006 - 01:38 PM

Awsome bike !

Thanks for sharing

Ofcourse! :thumbsup: That's what's forums are for, don't ya think? :thumbsup:

• Wheeliedevil

Posted April 13, 2006 - 01:40 PM

Do you use the stock airfilter holder with the backfire screen in it?

Yes, its the stock airfilter holder but we don't have any backfirescreens on our swedish models.

• XRYoda

Posted April 13, 2006 - 02:46 PM

Thanks man! Dyno's are cool, I had lots of access to one when I was racing street bikes. THey are great for jetting and airbox mods, oil levels, oil types, fuel, well, you know.

Yoda'

• RichBaker

Posted April 13, 2006 - 03:35 PM

Impressive for sure. Weird thing is I just got my Cert. of Origin and it states 59HP on it. I was like &%$#@!???

That is measured at the crankshaft....

• OlaGB

Posted April 13, 2006 - 11:10 PM

How large is the DJ160 , measured in "normal" ways? I`m using a JD jetting kit..

• UltraHyper

Posted April 14, 2006 - 10:39 AM

cool thank like what i see

• Wheeliedevil

Posted April 14, 2006 - 11:09 AM

How large is the DJ160 , measured in "normal" ways? I`m using a JD jetting kit..

I'm sorry. I can't tell you. All i know is that Dynojets jets are larger than other brands and that the common way of sizeing jets is by using mm's so a 160 Keihin is 1,6mm in diam but Dynojet uses a flow value.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ranger347

Posted April 24, 2006 - 07:16 PM

Just a quick question about fuel..

I know for a fact that in Europe and Spain they have "Hotter" Fuel out of the pump than we have here in the states. i guess what I am trying to say is that it is not totally impossable to reach those numbers but you would have to get a loan for the motor work and run "race fuel" to make it happen.

just my .02

• Wheeliedevil

Posted April 25, 2006 - 12:05 AM

Hehe, maybe that's why we have to pay more than double the price for the fuel than you guys do? I tested the bike on a track this weekend and holy sh*t!! It flew away like a rocket! :thumbsup:

• OlaGB

Posted April 25, 2006 - 03:54 AM

Hehe, maybe that's why we have to pay more than double the price for the fuel than you guys do? I tested the bike on a track this weekend and holy sh*t!! It flew away like a rocket! :thumbsup:

How much more HP do you think you got out of it in the dyno, than if you tried to tune it by "ear, feel, and spark plug colour" on the street/track ? hehe..

I really would like to take mine to a dyno to tune it one day...

• MountainMax

Posted April 25, 2006 - 02:03 PM

Too bad you never done it bone stock to compare what you done gave you what gains...

• Numskull

Posted April 25, 2006 - 04:11 PM

Ok. thanks alwas good to know. I bought this bike last fall after driven it for 10min at the company that I work. About a week after that I fell pretty bad with a bike and crushed a few bones in my foot and broke three other bones so I've done this mods while healing. That's why I didn't put it on the dyno before...

That is a true die hard, only broke a few bones, so we better make her a little faster :crazy:

• Wheeliedevil

Posted April 25, 2006 - 09:54 PM

How much more HP do you think you got out of it in the dyno, than if you tried to tune it by "ear, feel, and spark plug colour" on the street/track ? hehe..

I really would like to take mine to a dyno to tune it one day...

That's really hard to say. When I tune in a dyno I start from idle, then goes up to pilot jet, needle position and then finally decides what main jet to use. It's very hard to feel on the street how lean or rich a bike is. After all that tuning's done I does some roll-ons on 4th gear to se the response and to get the graph that's shown on page 1.

• Wheeliedevil

Posted April 25, 2006 - 09:56 PM

Too bad you never done it bone stock to compare what you done gave you what gains...

Yes, I think so too..

• Wheeliedevil

Posted April 25, 2006 - 09:58 PM

That is a true die hard, only broke a few bones, so we better make her a little faster :crazy:

Exactly :ride:

But actually, it wasn't with this bike that I crashed..

• JBlinky67

Posted April 27, 2006 - 09:36 PM

Do you have the numbers for the 525? What does the curve look like compared to your WR?

• Wheeliedevil

Posted April 28, 2006 - 03:13 AM

Do you have the numbers for the 525? What does the curve look like compared to your WR?

I don't have it in my computer but I can post it from work on tuesday.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.