two carbs 3 jets?

6 replies to this topic
  • AK_SLIMER

Posted April 12, 2006 - 09:05 PM

have a 87 xr 600 took carbs apart to clean them left carb has jet that neddle fits in and then another one right next to it but right side carb has only 1 jet the one for neddle has a hole like other carb just no jet and no threads for jet to screw in is this right?
THANKS KEVIN

• Thumpmeister

Posted April 12, 2006 - 09:28 PM

Its right...

If your looking at the carbs from the rear of the bike, the left one will be a little more complex than the right. The reason this is, is because the left carb is considered your main carb, where your right one is considered your secondary, and only opens up after you have open the throttle a little ways.

Avoid dealing with the linkage on these things if at all possible.

• timothypg

Posted April 13, 2006 - 06:22 AM

what thump said. mine is an 86, same deal. just something i did, replaced the philips head screws for the bowls with allen head. makes it alot easier to get the bowls off and back on tight if you need to get in there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Border Patrol

Posted April 13, 2006 - 07:50 AM

Think of the two carbs as a progressive two-barrel. The primary (left) carb includes a pilot (slow) jet. Idle to about 1/4 throttle only the primary carb is open. The secondary (right) opens after this point.

Make sure you check the needle valves carefully. They are a weak link with this set-up.

• AK_SLIMER

Posted April 13, 2006 - 11:00 AM

this is the best site ive ever been 2 prompt curtius replys with the right info thanks again for helping cause i was gona ajust the linkage between the carbs cause by looking at them 1 didnt open as soon as the other and with all my expertise and skill i was gona sinc the carbs by eyesite lol
thanks again
KEVIN

• AK_SLIMER

Posted April 13, 2006 - 11:03 AM

Also Whats Makes The Pipes Get Red Hot To Lean Or To Rich
Thanks Kevin

• HawkGT

Posted April 13, 2006 - 11:53 AM

Also Whats Makes The Pipes Get Red Hot To Lean Or To Rich
Thanks Kevin

Too lean causes pipes to get excessively hot.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.