Front disc protection

7 replies to this topic
  • Beejay

Posted April 12, 2006 - 04:18 PM

I need to import a front disc protector, any advice on which type to go for? Would I find one in the TT store....................okay,okay I'll do a search but what are you guys using?

• TallBoysWRF

Posted April 12, 2006 - 05:14 PM

I'm not currently using one. I had one of the plastic GYT-R units on it but I hit a tree and broke it and haven't put anything else back on since.

• Matty05

Posted April 12, 2006 - 08:08 PM

I need to import a front disc protector, any advice on which type to go for? Would I find one in the TT store....................okay,okay I'll do a search but what are you guys using?

I like those acerbis spider evo ones, in blue and white.
I haven't got one either, but will get 2 of these suckers, one for each bike.

• BajaFool

Posted April 12, 2006 - 08:26 PM

Actually, the only one available is the Acerbis Spider EVO. I have one on my 2006 WR450 and it works very well. I would recommend it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TallBoysWRF

Posted April 12, 2006 - 08:45 PM

well I guess it also depends on how much proctection you want too. If you want lots of protection then Devol racing and GYT-R both have aluminum guards.

• Beejay

Posted April 13, 2006 - 03:37 PM

Thanks for the info, do you perhaps have a website address I can order from?

• TallBoysWRF

Posted April 13, 2006 - 06:56 PM

For the ones I mentioned you can get the GYT-R at any Yamaha dealer or shop that can order directly from Yamaha. The Devol guard is available from any Parts unlimited dealer but HERE is the link to their website. The plastic units are available at most any shop or online store (dennis kirk, rockymountain etc.). Hope that helps.

• TimBrp

Posted April 14, 2006 - 02:53 AM

Tough to see in this pic but I have the Devol aluminum guard and really like it.

Posted Image

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.