06 YZ450F Oil change

22 replies to this topic
  • qhkajlog

Posted April 12, 2006 - 07:06 AM

I have been lurking for a long time getting some good gouge, but I have not seen this issue yet. I need to change the oil and the manual does not state to put any oil in oil tank when filling bike back up. Are you guys just filling up crankcase or putting oil in both the oil tank and crankcase?

• xcape

Posted April 12, 2006 - 07:58 AM

just follow manual one place to fill oil.

• yami racer

Posted April 12, 2006 - 08:38 AM

Drain from two and fill in one.....

• yz_anders

Posted April 12, 2006 - 08:58 AM

I doesn´t have the 450 06 yet.. But its 1 liter that you have to fill up when you change the oilfilter to right?..

• xcape

Posted April 12, 2006 - 09:59 AM

1.2lt

• Hockey66

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:25 AM

No, it's 1 litre.

• SureBlue

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:28 AM

1.2lt

Sorry, but with filter replacement it is 1 liter like anders said.
Without filter replacement it's 0,95 liters.
Total amount may be 1,2 liters, but you never get out all of it unless you tear down the engine and put new oil in from scratch.

• mitocross

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:29 AM

There is 1.2 L in total in the engine.
I drained oil from both pugs+changed oil filter, put new filter in and put 1.0 L oil as stated in the manual. I checked the amount of old oil that came out and it was exactly 1.0. The japanese guys have it figured out very well. All you need is just one bottle of oil and that is it.

• T H O R

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:39 AM

I thought it was 1.5 liters, what my dealership said. So do I put 1.5 liters in the engine, or 1.2?

Wait, after reading post above me..So 1 liter of oil will do perfect for one change?

Thats cool, now I have 6 oil changes ready to go then :thumbsup:

• SureBlue

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:49 AM

I thought it was 1.5 liters, what my dealership said. So do I put 1.5 liters in the engine, or 1.2?

Look, if you won't start reading your manual, I'm going to come and whip your bare arse. :thumbsup:
Page 3-16.
No more repeated same questions, please. If you don't believe what you are told, ask and trust your dealer who seems to know better. :thumbsup:

Manual, the manual, man. read. Not later tonigh, but NOW. :confused:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • T H O R

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:51 AM

Reading... :thumbsup:

Heh, sorry bro. Just got home and hitting up the forum really quick. I guess I must read before opening my mouth :thumbsup:

• SureBlue

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:57 AM

No need to be sorry, but the manual is really good and you get the best basic info from there.

• T H O R

Posted April 12, 2006 - 12:11 PM

Yeah, I got alot better understanding now that I read it over.

• SureBlue

Posted April 12, 2006 - 12:44 PM

Yeah, I got alot better understanding now that I read it over.

So no whipping needed :thumbsup:

• NOMADAK

Posted April 13, 2006 - 10:53 PM

Ward (sureblue), you were kinda hard on the beaver(thor) tonight! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• SureBlue

Posted April 13, 2006 - 11:47 PM

Ward (sureblue), you were kinda hard on the beaver(thor) tonight! :confused: :thumbsup:

Maybe yes, and I don't like it either, but it helped, he finally grabbed the manual :bonk: :thumbsup:

• SureBlue

Posted April 13, 2006 - 11:51 PM

... and he's already referring to the manual in his posts :thumbsup:

• NOMADAK

Posted April 14, 2006 - 12:35 AM

I know:rolleyes: ,

I see him posting in the general forum now asking about greasing the bike (the way you should when you get a new bike). He gets the right answer from us in the YZ450F forum then asks the same question elsewhere to validate it.

He has the audacity to question this fountain head of knowledge???? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Just kidding THOR. sounds like you are really proud of that awesome new bike and are being extra careful with it. Just remember..to USE IT.

Sounds like your dad needs to take a moment out and join you in your time on the site. Not all of us are full of it........well...not all the time, anyways.

• red450x

Posted April 19, 2006 - 07:00 PM

Anybody know how much oil to add after oil change with filter on an 2002 426f? My cousins bike and he doesn't have the manual. Did a search, but came back no match. Thanks

• RAMARION

Posted April 20, 2006 - 08:52 PM

FYI, make sure you remove the dip stick (or the oil will not flow out, from back pressure)

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.