Panoram computer problems

7 replies to this topic
  • armourbl

Posted October 11, 2001 - 09:52 PM

My computer seems to work, except I'm getting no milage or speed, everything stays at Zero.

Something must be happening because I get that Flashing Arrow pointing up once the bike is moving.

It is also keeping track of riding time.

Any ideas?

ben

------------------
2001 WR250F
White Brothers E Series Full exhaust
Panoram computer
Tap Bars
jet kit
YZ timing
Grey wire mod
Pro Rally hand guards
YZ plastic

• Terry_in_Reno

Posted October 11, 2001 - 12:38 PM

I was having trouble with my Panoram and had emailed TrailTech to see about returning for repair, seperate issue.

But what I wanted to say is they asked me if the computer fuctioned normally but had not speed or distance readings. They thought I might have a damage cable and wanted to isolate the cable from the computer. It sounds like your problem could be the cable or associated connections.

One other thing they asked about was if the clock function was operating. You might want to email TrailTech with the symptoms and see what they say. My 0.02 worth

Terry

• *mike68*

Posted October 12, 2001 - 12:45 AM

I took mine off. I don't like it much and the thing has never worked to my expectations. Tough to use for an enduro, can't do a reset.

[This message has been edited by *mike68* (edited October 12, 2001).]

• KTM250rm

Posted October 12, 2001 - 04:52 AM

Mike68,

The Panoram computer isn't an enduro computer anyway.

The only problem I had with mine was the left button started to stick and I sent it in and got it replaced within a week. They do have a great customer service PR department.

------------------
'01 DRZ400S
'00 KTM250exc

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • *mike68*

Posted October 12, 2001 - 05:06 AM

I am not to worried, I am going to be looking into an enduro computer for next year. I think that is in my best interest. I am hoping to race at least 5 enduros next year.

• armourbl

Posted October 18, 2001 - 05:57 AM

Just thought I should mention that I emailed the company and they are sending me a new cable and magnet at no charge.

Very good service.

ben

------------------
2001 WR250F
White Brothers E Series Full exhaust
Panoram computer
Tap Bars
jet kit
YZ timing
Grey wire mod
Pro Rally hand guards
YZ plastic

• GNCCYZ400

Posted October 18, 2001 - 02:28 PM

Mike68,

My Panoram suffered a FATAL case of "impact sickness" my last race. would you be intrested in selling yours?

Just curious,
Jeff

------------------
'98 YZ400F
'01 YZ250F
'98 CBR600F3
VCHSS
NCHSA
GNCC
DIST. 7,29 (mx)
4 STROKE B #368

• GNCCYZ400

Posted October 22, 2001 - 06:44 PM

Thanks Geoff,
I will be ordering a replacement with the bracket when you have the new ones the second week in Nov.

Thanks for the info,
Jeff

------------------
'98 YZ400F
'01 YZ250F
'98 CBR600F3
VCHSS
NCHSA
GNCC
DIST. 7,29 (mx)
4 STROKE B #368

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.