Looking for places to ride on the Olympic Peninsula

7 replies to this topic
  • Kmorris

Posted April 11, 2006 - 02:15 PM

Greetings,

I'm looking for places to ride (2005 WR450F) in an around the Quilcene area. I live on the Coyle (Toanados) Peninsula. Right around where Thorndyke and Coyle meet. I've heard about some areas around Lake Tarbo (from a dedicated rider activist) but would really love to find as many great spots as possible to go for long rides.

Also, are there any local riders who regularly get together and ride the trails around the OP or Port Townsend area. I've been riding dirt bikes forever but am new to this area.

Thanks,
Keith Morris

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 11, 2006 - 02:33 PM

Post this on the Northwest Forum, you'll get a better response. I live alot more inland than you so I have no advice :thumbsup:

• Chas_M

Posted April 11, 2006 - 03:04 PM

Burnt Hill out of Sequim; Foothill Trails - Port Angeles; Sadie Creek just west of Joyce.

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 11, 2006 - 03:08 PM

Oh yeah, Burnt Hill........... I wrote a letter as part of a campaign to keep that place open and we won :thumbsup: Go use it :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Kmorris

Posted April 12, 2006 - 10:51 AM

Thanks everyone!

• deej

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:05 AM

Greetings,

I'm looking for places to ride (2005 WR450F) in an around the Quilcene area. I live on the Coyle (Toanados) Peninsula. Right around where Thorndyke and Coyle meet. I've heard about some areas around Lake Tarbo (from a dedicated rider activist) but would really love to find as many great spots as possible to go for long rides.

Also, are there any local riders who regularly get together and ride the trails around the OP or Port Townsend area. I've been riding dirt bikes forever but am new to this area.

Thanks,
Keith Morris

That's not the Olympic Peninsula....well at least not in my opinion. LOL j/k man welcome. I live in Forks, the middle of the Olympic Peninsula, 100's of logging roads, and trails all within 2 miles from town. Here is a link to where a bunch of new KLX 250S riders are located around the country. Drop me a line.

http://www.kawasakif...rumid_69/tt.htm

http://www.frappr.com/klx250s

• dbailey223

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:09 AM

Not Olympic Peninsula, but Capital Forest near Olympia has hundreds of miles of trails. Rode there since I was 17, until I had to move at age 34 to Vegas :thumbsup:

• Kmorris

Posted April 16, 2006 - 08:46 AM

thanks again everyone!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.