Rekluse help

1 reply to this topic
  • 511Dean

Posted April 11, 2006 - 08:26 AM

We have a 2003 Yamaha YZ450F in which we installed a Rekluse clutch system. We smoked the first clutch and are getting ready to install the second clutch. In talking with Rekluse they gave me the correct gap it needs to be installed to. I know what they are telling me but......

I am looking for anyone who has had one of these in their bike for any significant amount of time. How often are you checking this gap measurement? How many times have you smoked a clutch? Any other problems one may be experiencing? Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DRC667

Posted April 11, 2006 - 09:48 AM

2005 CRF450R, Rekluse w/ external perch adjuster.I ride mx only and my bike went from .031" to .042" with the light spring in just 6 rides.I replaced 4 of the fiber clutch plates to get me back to .030" I installed 6 tungsten balls and used the heavy spring,still felt allitle extra slippage. I now put the light spring back in, definitely hooking up now with no extra slippage.I ordered a new clutch cable because even my clean older cable has more resistance than a new one.Maybe with the new cable I will go back to the heavy spring but I think I will always leave the 6 tungsten balls in. I have been checking my gap about every 6 rides until I get the clutch adjusted to were I want it, I will check it less as the clutch wear becomes less.Thats my story so far. :thumbsup: P.S. I use Rottela Oil in the tranny.

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.