still got bogg.

10 replies to this topic
  • viking_in_wa

Posted April 10, 2006 - 08:46 PM

I did my BK mod a few weeks ago and followed the proceidures exactly. I shortened the duration of the spray and everything. I also re-jetted it with a 170, and its actually running a little rich now. I cannot get to the fuel screw, I cant even see the fuel screw. now i have an worse bogg than ever. any help would be great. this is an 02 426.

• SureBlue

Posted April 10, 2006 - 09:08 PM

what bike???

• viking_in_wa

Posted April 10, 2006 - 09:16 PM

guess i should have mentioned that, 02 426

• SureBlue

Posted April 10, 2006 - 09:29 PM

I have owned one too.
I can't remember what the stock jets are, but my advice is to find a way to the fuel screw and learn to fine-tune the pilot circuit. I guess your bog is off-idle, right? The pilot jet and fuel screw adjustments should do the trick.
Remove the main jet and pilot jet and tell us what pilot jet you have there and where the needle clip is.
Main jet 170 has little, if nothing, to do with your bog. But if it went worse, change back.
Do you have the manual?

• viking_in_wa

Posted April 10, 2006 - 09:58 PM

yeah i have a manual and the main jet i took out, i think it was a 165. the needle is stock and in #4 position.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted April 10, 2006 - 10:12 PM

Why would you only richen up the main? Jetting may be rich or lean from factory, but it is usually in balance. So if it needs to be adjusted, it needs it the whole way; pilot-needle-main.
I don't see a reason why you need a 170 main on a stock 426, or fatter jetting in general. I think it is a matter of pilot jet and fuel screw adjustment.
What pilot jet do you have there?

• viking_in_wa

Posted April 10, 2006 - 10:24 PM

the bike was running lean to begin with and all at once I did a big gun exhaust and the bk mod and was told i was going to need to re-jet and my buddy had a 170 main that i could throw in and try. not sure on the pilot maybe a 42.

• Raven1911

Posted April 11, 2006 - 08:35 AM

Go to this site...

http://motoman393.thumpertalk.com/

Do the on the fly fuel adjustment screw. Go to tech articles and see it for yourself. This way you can adjust it without any tools and keep the stock fuel screw in it. Not sure why you would do the BK mod and also rejet to a larger jet? Kinda defeating the purpose of the mod. Try switching the jets back to stock and keep the needle at #4 and then mess with the fuel adjustment screw. The fuel adjustment screw is vital to a 426 and often needs to be turned depending on temp, humidity and elevation. Try this first. What temp, and elevation are you riding at??

• DrThumper

Posted April 11, 2006 - 12:08 PM

I don't remember what main jet is stock, or wether you went richer or leaner....but the main jet has almost nothing to do with your bog....try making your pilot jet leaner (smaller). The air/fuel mixture screw shouldn't do that much if all else is good, I mainly only adjust mine when there is a big altitude change. The BK Mod, even though lots of you guys do it, is not a very good way to go...have you tried timing your squirt yet? What about drilling, tapping, etc.....lots of things to go wrong.

A lower pilot jet, a Power Now (or better yet, a Free Power Now-search TT) and a accelerator pump cover/atomizer (Boyenson, Factory R&D P-38) and Viola, no bog, snappy response, no big jetting head aches. Ask anyone of the guys with '01s or '02s.

• shanedut

Posted April 11, 2006 - 06:22 PM

If you did the bk mod you will need to go up at least one size on your pilot jet if not 2. Next thing you should get is a zipty fuel screw because you will will more than likely need to adust it. After the bk mod in my bike i'm running a 48 pilot 172 main needles stock. I'm at 5000ft and the temp right now that i've been running in is around 40 degrees. Your stock pilot jet should be a 42 I believe. When you do the bk mod you get rid of the long squirt so you lean the pilot jet out and it needs to be richened up. Your main will need to be closer to stock more than likely.

• viking_in_wa

Posted April 17, 2006 - 11:04 PM

OK guys, I have finally got the problem solved. I re-installed my 162 jet and while i had the float bowl off i made a makeshift adjust on the fly fuel screw. and now the bike is running top notch, almost scary. thanks for all the good info guys. keep up the good work.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.