Clutch cable mount on L side cover- XR600

7 replies to this topic
  • tomshell

Posted April 10, 2006 - 06:53 PM

I have just rebuilt my 1997 XR600 and I am trying to fix all the little nagging problems at the same time. One that comes to mind is the clutch cable mount on the left side cover. Mine was broke off before I got the bike, and jb weld and safety wire had held it in place for a few years.Anyone have a better fix for this? :thumbsup: I did a search and could not find anything.....Tom

• Fetona

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:01 PM

Yeah I went thru the exact same thing as you. This was a common problem with the XR6. There was a company that used to make an aluminum mount that you could bolt to your side cover. I can't remember who the manufacturer was, maybe Scott Summers Racing. Call Baja Designs, I think I bought it thru them. All you have to do is file down your old mount and then bolt up the new mount. I have had mine now for several years.

• tomshell

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:13 PM

I looked at baja designs and could not find it....any one have a picture of one installed?I could make one myself, it would be great to see one to copy.....Tom

• Fetona

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:40 PM

Summers Racing Components:
Clutch Cable Retainer

Available from: http://www.srcinc.net

Distributors Product Info:
Another durability part for the XR600R, the SRC clutch cable retainer
helps prevent clutch actuation problems on the trail. Our part is secured
by two case bolts and requires that the OEM cast part be removed. Also
used to repair broken case.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Fetona

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:43 PM

Click on this link and scroll down a little to see a picture.

http://www.justxr.co...e_products.html

• Fetona

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:53 PM

The picture of one on Al Bakers XRs Only shows up much better.

http://www.xrsonly.c...d=412&Itemid=53

• tomshell

Posted April 10, 2006 - 08:29 PM

Thanks for the help dude....I placed an order at xr's only last week,and have not heard from them yet...if it has not shipped yet I will add one of those to the order.Summers looks almost identical but it is 20 bucks more.Have you ever ordered from xr's only?

• Fetona

Posted April 10, 2006 - 09:04 PM

No I have never ordered from XR's only.

Thanks for the help dude....I placed an order at xr's only last week,and have not heard from them yet...if it has not shipped yet I will add one of those to the order.Summers looks almost identical but it is 20 bucks more.Have you ever ordered from xr's only?

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.