Air from oil fill hole when engine running

3 replies to this topic
  • fastenuf4u

Posted April 10, 2006 - 03:00 PM

I never removed the oil fill plug while the bike was running before but I just did after putting on a heavier flywheel weight. Is it normal for their to be air "puffing" out of the hole, almost seems like blowby. This could have been happening for a long time but I wouldn't know because like I said above I never took it off. Thanks for any replies, and corrective actions if it shouldn't be doing that. Thanks.

• JetPilotAlabama

Posted April 10, 2006 - 03:25 PM

Leave it on and it will not blow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • fastenuf4u

Posted April 10, 2006 - 03:49 PM

Leave it on and it will not blow.

I have no problem doing that as long as nothing is wrong that could lead to a problem down the road. :thumbsup: Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:27 PM

Entirely normal. The piston displaces 450cc underneath itself as well as on the top. That's one reason you need a breather tube.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.