Scotts SUB mount on '06 triple clamp

7 replies to this topic
  • SureBlue

Posted April 10, 2006 - 01:53 PM

I need 10-15 mm bar risers and thought it would be best to do it with a Scotts under bar (SUB) mount, which would bolt on direct to the stock upper triple clamp. Does anyone know if Scotts or BRP already make the mount?
This mount rises the bars and allows the use of bar pad since the stabilizer is mounted under the bar like this
Posted Image
I know there are full kits with a new triple clamp as pictured, but there is really no need to buy the TTC now that Yamaha has removable bar clamps. I can not find the correct information from Scotts or BRP pages. Experiences?

• dunn2500

Posted April 10, 2006 - 04:12 PM

It raises the height almost 1 inch. too tall for me i am selling it. Mine came with their clamp and smaller tower.

• SureBlue

Posted April 10, 2006 - 05:20 PM

Well just got the parts number from Mike at BRP, I'm going to buy it, an inch should not be too much of a raise for me using the stock low bar. Are you selling it all, stabilizer, tower and TTC too, or just the sub mount?

• DPW

Posted April 15, 2006 - 05:00 PM

Are the cables(throttle/front brake/clutch) long enough?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SureBlue

Posted April 16, 2006 - 12:15 AM

The cables should be long enough. I have earlier used a 15 mm riser-adapter on my old bike. With the BRP SUBmount clamp you can use the low OE handlebar too, so if the mount raises the bars some 1 inch it should not be too much.
Anyways, I have placed the order at TT Store and will revert with a pic of the setup when I get it.
BRP has the SUB mount kits for the OEM triple clamp in stock and if you would like to order that kit the part number is DS-SUB-7330-10, excellent service from Mike at BRP.

• SureBlue

Posted May 11, 2006 - 08:34 PM

Installed the submount with scotts yesterday. It raises the stock bar some 35 mm. You can not put a higher bar than the stock one without throttle cable problems, but this should raise the bars more than enough for most of us.
Posted Image
Posted Image

• ditchound

Posted May 13, 2006 - 03:17 AM

I gave also been debating whether to put the SUB mount on with the stock bar or get a 10mm higher bar bend and use the above mount????? SureBlue, is 35mm to much of an increase? I have always like taller bars but 35mm seems like it might be too much.

• SureBlue

Posted May 15, 2006 - 01:56 PM

Ditchound, I double checked: it raises the bars 35 mm. I'm 184 cm tall and rode the bike first time with this mount on thursday and again yesterday. It really feels good and helps you standing less cramped. I like it and can recommend it.
http://www.brpit.com/
contact Mike at BRP
mikec@brpit.com
or buy it from TT Store like I did. :ride:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.