Need a used unit of Vortex CDI for wr

13 replies to this topic
  • illikonoz

Posted April 10, 2006 - 12:02 PM

hi i'm looking for a used unit of vortex cdi for wr4.
prefer the X10 system.

400/426 or 450 also can consider. thanks!

• Matty05

Posted April 11, 2006 - 12:00 AM

I doubt you will get anyone to give up their vortex!!!

Buy a new one, guarenteed if someone wants to get rid of one, it is stuffed.

• pkcof

Posted April 11, 2006 - 01:44 AM

does a vortex really make that much difference - isn't the grey wire mod enough ?

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 11, 2006 - 03:13 AM

I will give up my well used stock one if your CDI went out. :thumbsup:
I am keeping my Vortex X-10! :thumbsup: :confused: :bonk:

• Matty05

Posted April 12, 2006 - 12:52 AM

does a vortex really make that much difference - isn't the grey wire mod enough ?

Grey wire mod good enough? :thumbsup: I laugh at you!!!
Get a Vortex ignition!

I swapped the missus' one on the 250 back to the stocker on the weekend, big mistake! Yes it does make a difference, The power is so silky smooth, and makes the bike so much more clean running. It is hard to explain, but way better anyway. It doesn't make much more power at all, but you can really notice the difference. If mine blew up tomorrow, I would buy another one anyway.

I think it is definately worth the money if you have the cash.

I am keeping mine too! :thumbsup:

• illikonoz

Posted April 23, 2006 - 12:19 AM

hahaha... guess i have to buy a new one.

• pops 56

Posted April 23, 2006 - 04:01 AM

hi i'm looking for a used unit of vortex cdi for wr4.
prefer the X10 system.

400/426 or 450 also can consider. thanks!

Hi is this what you are after.Yamaha WR400F Vortex ignition Item number: 4633865564 ebay australia. he will ship to the usa.?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • illikonoz

Posted April 23, 2006 - 10:03 PM

hmmm... i'm not sure whether is it an x-10 system but do vortex have older system, if so wats the review?

• OneToGo

Posted April 24, 2006 - 12:05 AM

hmmm... i'm not sure whether is it an x-10 system but do vortex have older system, if so wats the review?

The off the shelf X10 from Vortex is specific for 03 to 06 WRs. If you want other than the standard 10 maps, you can order direct form Ballards is AUS and they will program one with your requirements (not sure of the maps they have)- spoke with them the other day when in AUS on a visit. They set their own up for the sponsored riders. As far as I knoe all their WR / YZ race bikes have Vortex.

Ballards price is AUS 549 + shipping. Thats 499 + GST + shipping. The Vortex factory will UPS worldwide but charge AUS100 for that. You can take off GST if shipped O/S.

Just for info as I have done some pricing research on these... :thumbsup:

• illikonoz

Posted April 24, 2006 - 01:17 PM

i just check on the ebaysite, the cdi is not yellow in colour but black. and it doesnt seems to have a switch thingy, so is it still ok to get? any one out there have this (same look) cdi? i need help pls!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused: :bonk:

• illikonoz

Posted April 26, 2006 - 11:00 PM

anyone selling their wr and can partout a vortex cdi for me?? thanks!!

• Matty05

Posted April 26, 2006 - 11:48 PM

Just buy a new one!

• OneToGo

Posted April 27, 2006 - 03:25 AM

Just buy a new one!

Agreed!

The new version is yellow - sholuld come with a Factory sticker stating the bike it is for - a MUST IMHO.

• illikonoz

Posted April 30, 2006 - 07:30 AM

hmmm.... guess i really have to save up now. thanks guys! but just in case some one here wanna switch bikes or sell off the wr , pls sell me your vortex cdi! cheers!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.