Who needs enemies with friends like these?!

16 replies to this topic
  • Milhaus

Posted April 10, 2006 - 11:56 AM

So this weekend my buddy comes over to hang out. I am in the garage cleaning the dirt out from under my skid plate. Before I even know what is happening my buddy hops on my '00 YZ426F and is twisting the throttle like mad!!

Not that it would have made too much difference, but I haven't even gotten around to doing the BK Mod on the accelerator pump. So, you guessed it, this thing is flooded and flooded badly! I worked through the recommeded starting routine for flooded 4-strokers, but no go. When I get home tonight I will pull the plug and try to dry it out and if that doesn't work I will throw a new plug in it!

I was like...hey buddy... :thumbsup: thanks a ton!!

• 642MX

Posted April 10, 2006 - 12:32 PM

I'd replace the plug and tell your buddy that he owes you $6.

• Zique

Posted April 10, 2006 - 12:35 PM

speaking of the BK mod...does anyone have easier instructions to follow? I have a general idea, but I am the kind that likes to know exactly what is going on before I delve into something.

• Zique

Posted April 10, 2006 - 12:37 PM

oh...and sorry about your bike dude. If it makes you feel any better, my buddy did almost the exact same thing, but I told him to get the $%#@ off my bike before he flooded it too badly. I love it when they think THEY know everything about bikes because YOU own one. Dawell.

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted April 10, 2006 - 12:58 PM

I'd replace the plug and tell your buddy that he owes you $6.

Ditto - I would do the same after a tap out submission by applying a triangle choke hold...Seriously, clean the plug or install a new one and it will fire up. If you are not going riding for a day or so, I would just let it sit with the gas off and try in a day or so...It will probably start right up.

• Milhaus

Posted April 10, 2006 - 01:31 PM

speaking of the BK mod...does anyone have easier instructions to follow? I have a general idea, but I am the kind that likes to know exactly what is going on before I delve into something.

Here are the procedures I am planning on following in the next couple of days. As I understand it, this mod should really wake up my '00 426 even though it is a rip snorting beast as it is.

BK Mod

• Zique

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:24 PM

Yeah...I've read that same link a couple times, but I am still a little bit confused. I think it must be terminology or something...

I don't understand if he is saying he used the 6-32 bolt instead of drilling and tapping for the 4mm bolt, or if he drilled and tapped for the 6-32 bolt because that is what he had.

Secondly, how am I supposed to know when the spray is just missing the slide?

I guess I'm just a little confused.

• moto_x2005

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:32 PM

i would be mad but hes ur friend, now what really got me was when i was parked in a taco bell parking lot and some kid jumped in the back of my truck, got on my bike and started twisting the throttle and putting it into gear, damnit still bugs me

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Milhaus

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:37 PM

i would be mad but hes ur friend, now what really got me was when i was parked in a taco bell parking lot and some kid jumped in the back of my truck, got on my bike and started twisting the throttle and putting it into gear, damnit still bugs me

Holy crap...now that is just plain WRONG!!

• Milhaus

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:40 PM

I don't understand if he is saying he used the 6-32 bolt instead of drilling and tapping for the 4mm bolt, or if he drilled and tapped for the 6-32 bolt because that is what he had.

I had to read this procedure a couple of times and I have also read a couple of other procedures and have come to the conclusion that you drill with a #36 drill bit and then run a 6-32 tap throw the hole. That is my plan anyway.

Sorry I can't help with the slide/squirt issue. :thumbsup:

• Zique

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:56 PM

Do you want to take some pics during the process? That would be helpful as well and I think that would clarify any misconceptions I'm having.

• TimFurryBalls

Posted April 10, 2006 - 03:42 PM

No big deal, especially if you're not riding! Let the fuel just evaporate a day or two, or just drain your float bowl, open your throttle, pull your decomp lever and clean her out!

• Fastest1

Posted April 10, 2006 - 06:46 PM

The thread size is not important, it just needs to leave the casting thick enough as to not break. I being a purist think all threads should be metric. It only makes the pump squirt adjustable in duration. It usually needs to be shortened. It wont help against idiots twisting the throttle.

• viking_in_wa

Posted April 10, 2006 - 08:35 PM

its pretty simple i did mine a month ago and it runs great. motoman 393 has a site complete with pics and instructions. very simple.

• gunship426

Posted April 11, 2006 - 07:15 AM

i thought i solved my problem of people tuching my bike. i put a look all u want but dont tuch sticker on it . but guess what, not a hole lot of people can read...

• obxnc

Posted April 11, 2006 - 09:14 AM

THe BK mod is pretty easy. Just remove your carb and then twist the throttle cam and you will see the slide and the massive squirt of fuel. For the first time don't stare in there cuz you may get an eyefull of fuel. It will squirt 20 ft or so. All you do is turn in your installed bolt until it just throws a dribble of fuel.

• Reyndogg

Posted April 11, 2006 - 09:44 AM

i thought i solved my problem of people tuching my bike. i put a look all u want but dont tuch sticker on it . but guess what, not a hole lot of people can read...

maybe they were not sure what tuch [sic] means :thumbsup:

I couldnt care less if someone twists my throttle over and over in the garage - i keep the gas turned off. Dont you guys? :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.