4 replies to this topic
  • gdm

Posted April 10, 2006 - 11:07 AM

My bike backfires when I shut the engine off. The AIS is removed with all free mods. 48 pilot, 04 needle 4th clip. Runs great. Any ideas?? :thumbsup:

• freestyle250

Posted April 10, 2006 - 11:23 AM

Well usually a backfire is extra air igniting in the pipe (someone catch me if im wrong on this one) so maybe your running a little rich? That would be my first guess. But there are others more experienced than I that would let you know for sure. Im a little curious as to the 100% reasoning/truth behind it myself.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • nimiz1

Posted April 10, 2006 - 11:43 AM

i think you are running a little rich.

• mowman

Posted April 18, 2006 - 06:25 PM

I had the same problem , I was a little to rich lean it out a bit. good luck... :thumbsup:

• gdm

Posted April 18, 2006 - 06:36 PM

I turned the fuel screw in a 1/4 turn and it has solved the problem. Thanks for the feedback. :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.