03 650r electrical ???

17 replies to this topic
  • adam574

Posted April 10, 2006 - 10:23 AM

alright i don't claim to be an electrican or play one on tv but my baja design kits tells me to remove some stuff before i start and one of them is the ac regulator. i can honestly say this thing could punch me in the face and i wouldn't know it... where is it and what does it look like?

thanks
adam

• Old_Man_Time

Posted April 10, 2006 - 10:28 AM

Under the seat on top of the air box. They have a replacement part for it.

• TimBrp

Posted April 10, 2006 - 11:37 AM

Just like oldman said however, it looks like a mini aircooled head. It's attached by a 10mm socket bolt. You can just disconnect it and leave it there if you'd like also. However, it cleans the area up if you remove it.

• adam574

Posted April 10, 2006 - 12:33 PM

thanks for the help guys

• MindBlower

Posted April 10, 2006 - 12:58 PM

I bought my 03 with the BD kit already installed. I've got an unclipped blue wire hanging on the left side below the headlight. It has a round female end connector on it. My high beam indicator doesn't work, but I can't find anyplace to plug this sucker in!!?? (didn't get an install manual when I bought the bike).

• adam574

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:29 PM

they have the manuals online on there website. it is under the tech section.

• MindBlower

Posted April 10, 2006 - 04:52 PM

I've tried at least 5 times to get them. They don't work.

• adam574

Posted April 10, 2006 - 06:22 PM

they work i downloaded the one for the xr60r and had no problems looking at it..

• MindBlower

Posted April 11, 2006 - 05:43 AM

ok, but they didn't work for me. (5 times) Which is why I asked the question! If I could download it and see it, I wouldn't have bothered anyone to ask....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MindBlower

Posted April 11, 2006 - 10:08 PM

Tried 3 more times tonight, 45 minutes each download. "bad file" or similar when I try to look at it. Anybody?

• TimBrp

Posted April 12, 2006 - 03:03 AM

How about just buying one?

• HappyCurmudgeon

Posted April 12, 2006 - 03:24 AM

I bought my 03 with the BD kit already installed. I've got an unclipped blue wire hanging on the left side below the headlight. It has a round female end connector on it. My high beam indicator doesn't work, but I can't find anyplace to plug this sucker in!!?? (didn't get an install manual when I bought the bike).

You are trying to download the BD install manual for your particular bike (and not the honda service manual) as I understand it by reading this.

May I suggest simply giving BD a call and see if they will send you one? I had questions on some things and they where very cool about it and helped me out alot over the phone. :thumbsup:

(However, I would advise against simply emailing them about it)

Or maybe someone can email it to you? :thumbsup: , the pdf file size is around 6.3Meg

• MindBlower

Posted April 12, 2006 - 06:45 AM

How about just buying one?

Why the H*** would I (or anyone) pay for one after they've already bought the kit?

• MindBlower

Posted April 12, 2006 - 06:45 AM

You are trying to download the BD install manual for your particular bike (and not the honda service manual) as I understand it by reading this.

May I suggest simply giving BD a call and see if they will send you one? I had questions on some things and they where very cool about it and helped me out alot over the phone. :thumbsup:

(However, I would advise against simply emailing them about it)

Or maybe someone can email it to you? :confused: , the pdf file size is around 6.3Meg

Yes, the install manual. I'll call them. Maybe they will fax it to me. Thanks :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted April 12, 2006 - 08:30 AM

Why the H*** would I (or anyone) pay for one after they've already bought the kit?

Pity that sarcasm doesn't translate well here. I was kidding...

• MindBlower

Posted April 12, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Pity that sarcasm doesn't translate well here. I was kidding...

Apologies then. :thumbsup:

• TimBrp

Posted April 12, 2006 - 12:05 PM

It's cool man. I think your best bet is to call and get one faxed over. :thumbsup:

• MindBlower

Posted April 12, 2006 - 07:25 PM

They said the diagrams don't always come through faxes well so they're snail mailing them.
:thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  141 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.