06 yz450 stock pipe - spark arrester

5 replies to this topic
  • bherstine

Posted April 10, 2006 - 08:28 AM

I need have a spark arrester on my bike to ride some areas here in the NorthEast. What is the most inexpensive solution? I can obviously buy a new pipe, but I was wondering if there are any aftermarket companies selling a mod kit for a stock pipe.

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted April 10, 2006 - 10:26 AM

Pro Moto Billet makes a nice encap for around 125.00. You can also buy a silent insert for this. Got one on my bike and it's really nice.

• Idaho_Stas

Posted April 10, 2006 - 09:45 PM

Pro Moto Billet makes a nice encap for around 125.00. You can also buy a silent insert for this. Got one on my bike and it's really nice.

What he said... PMB endcaps are great. Make sure you get the newer style (cone style, anodized in different colors). I have a gold anodized endcap/spark arrestor on my yellow yami.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cowboyona426

Posted April 10, 2006 - 09:47 PM

Another vote for PMB, I put the blue cone style on my blue 06- the fit was great and the install was easy, now I just need to test it!

• gunship426

Posted April 11, 2006 - 07:24 AM

u should do it right and just get a new pipe. start messing with end caps and youl want to take it off all the time than u have to rejet. just get a fmf Q and a powerbomb header. i love mine and i never have to mess with anything..

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted April 11, 2006 - 10:33 AM

PMB endcap only needs to be removed to install screen insert. Requires no jetting changes and has no effect on power delivery. I purchased an FMF Q2 and was thoroughly disappointed in the way it killed the power delivery. PMB fells like stock pipe. Sold FMF on ebay and took huge hit over what I actually paid for the pipe.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.