Calling all WR engine people

10 replies to this topic
  • Withershins

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:16 AM

Seeing as my usual forum is experiencing 'technical difficulties' I will ask the collective inteligence of this, fine forum.

While letting my engine warm up for an oil change, I noticed a small leak, bubbling from this hole:

Posted Image

There seems to be no mention of this hole in the workshop manual. So what's going on??

• gregwr450f

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:42 AM

water pump seal is gone......................maybe

• Withershins

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:45 AM

Thank you!! That's what I was thinking.

Looks like an easy job. Right or wrong :thumbsup:

• gregwr450f

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:48 AM

Don't know, I have never done it.

• Withershins

Posted April 10, 2006 - 03:11 AM

Don't know, I have never done it.

Fair enough I'll let you know then.

After I have done it :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted April 10, 2006 - 05:22 AM

Very Easy!
Do a search ans type in Water Pump Seal.

Several will come up. There is one with photos and parts#'s to order.

• ncampion

Posted April 10, 2006 - 06:18 AM

Water pump seal for sure. Easy job, recommend you replace the shaft and bearing while you're in there. The factory manual tells it very well.

• Tattooart

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:06 AM

I agree water pump seal that hols is the weep hole you can ride the bike for a little while with it leaking but you should replace it. From what i understand it is pretty simple to replace. :thumbsup:

• Flyin-W

Posted April 10, 2006 - 01:20 PM

oh thats the...wait...i dont know

• jset670

Posted April 10, 2006 - 04:22 PM

Thats exactly what she is, the water pump seal. Pretty easy fix and you will probably end up replacing the shaft as it is hard to get the impellar nut off without breaking the drive end of the shaft. I know this first hand..

• Beejay

Posted April 11, 2006 - 02:26 PM

That bike of yours needs a wash before you work on it :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.