04 YZ 450 Kickstarter Questions

No replies to this topic
  • HONDA NO MORE

Posted April 09, 2006 - 09:35 PM

I am a proud new owner a very clean 04 yz450f. On occasion I stall it in first gear while trying to get it moving. When this happens it makes a horrible clunk sound and I look down and expect to see oil seeping out of some new hole that has just been created in my motor. When this happens the bike is very easy to kick over for about 5-10 kicks, almost like it has no compression. Then it will regain compression or the kick starter becomes harder to kick again, then it fires up and runs just as before. I don't know if this has to do with the automatic decompression feature on this bike? I have rode two strokes for the last 10 years and am not familiar with this new 4-stroke technology yet, I just wanted to know if anyone has experienced a similar problem.

Thanks, :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.