Best pipe for 02 WR426

2 replies to this topic
  • theron

Posted April 09, 2006 - 08:47 PM

I currently have the GYT-R 3 hole silencer on my 02 WR426. Today I rode without the silencer and I can not believe how much beter the bike runs at all rpms, it actually makes the bike more fun to ride. Is there an aftermarket pipe available that will make the bike run as well as it does uncorked, and yet not be ridiculously loud? Decibel numbers would be helpful. Thank You.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dl19

Posted April 09, 2006 - 09:01 PM

Not trying to be a jerk, but please consider keeping it under 96db. We are loosing riding areas like crazy because of the "it's loud, so it must be fast" mentality. I would go with any of the "Quiet" pipes. Just got done spending a day with some fully opened YZF450's on my little old 95-96db WR450, and blew them away for most of the day except the straight open drag races. Remember sound is "compounding" so every decible increase is actually heard at a greater volume then the meter. I was told it is twice the "volume" per decible meter increase. We are not helping ourselves at all running loud pipes.

• theron

Posted April 09, 2006 - 09:11 PM

Not trying to be a jerk, but please consider keeping it under 96db. We are loosing riding areas like crazy because of the "it's loud, so it must be fast" mentality. I would go with any of the "Quiet" pipes. Just got done spending a day with some fully opened YZF450's on my little old 95-96db WR450, and blew them away for most of the day except the straight open drag races. Remember sound is "compounding" so every decible increase is actually heard at a greater volume then the meter. I was told it is twice the "volume" per decible meter increase. We are not helping ourselves at all running loud pipes.

Do you know how the quiet pipes perform compared to the stock pipe with a GYT-R 3 hole insert

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.