?BK carb Mod?

2 replies to this topic
  • Ynahg

Posted October 10, 2001 - 11:05 PM

Sorry, I probably missed this one, but i just realised this BK carb mod would eliminate the off idle bog by limiting the acc pump stroke.?.
I tried to do a search about it, but didn't find a good description of the mod.
Could anyone tell me were to find this info.
And by the way what do you think about the mod ?

'99 WR400 F, YZ exhaust, throttle stop trimmed, WR timing, airbox cover removed

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted October 11, 2001 - 01:03 AM

i thought you were getting a KTM?

the BK mod can't be done to the '98 or '99 carb. they changed the carb to a MKII in Y2K.

anyway you're off idle bog is one of two things. it's either that the needle is too narrow (what is your needle?) or it's that these things have a little bit of throttle twist before anything happens. if you whack the throttle you don't notice it.

tell me your jetting settings.

• Ynahg

Posted October 11, 2001 - 03:16 AM

Yes I would like to but...
No 2002 model was delivered yet and anyway, all the bikes (400EXC) destinated to Belgium are sold out. Which means no new 2002 available and no 2nd hand 2001 off course. I might try to get a 2003 next year.
So i still keep my bleu thing and keep thinking its 90% rider and 10% bike Posted Image
About this carb mod thing :
My settings are :
MJ 175
DXM clip #5
PJ 45
PS 2turns out (i think)

'99 WR400 F, YZ exhaust, throttle stop trimmed, WR timing, airbox cover removed

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.