Radiator leaks out the overflow YZ426F

4 replies to this topic
  • Rider for Life

Posted April 09, 2006 - 03:00 PM

I RIDE MY 01YZ426F ALOT AND SHE HAS ALWAYS RAN GREAT..THE OTHER DAY I WAS WARMING THE MOTOR UP AT THE TRACK AND RADIATOR FLUID STARTED TO DRIP OUT OF THE OVERFLOW TUBE, AND WHEN I REVVED THE MOTOR IT POORED OUT. I RODE THE REST OF THE DAY AND THE BIKE RAN GREAT AND THE LEAK SEEMED TO STOP. :thumbsup: THE NEXT DAY I CHECKED THE RADIATOR FLUID AND IT WAS JUST BELOW THE FINS SO I PUT SOME MORE FLUID IN AND STARTED THE BIKE AS SOON THE BIKE WARMED UP IT DID THE SAME THING. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS IT WOULD BE A BIG HELP THANKS. :thumbsup:

• BC61

Posted April 09, 2006 - 04:11 PM

Sounds like you are slightly overfilling the radiator and letting it get to hot while warming it up. My 426 will spill out any water higher than half inch above the fins, sometimes as low as the fins. If it spills out more than that I'd check your radiator cap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted April 09, 2006 - 04:55 PM

Its normal. The 426 needs air to flow thru the radiators to keep it from boiling over.

• Rider for Life

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:58 PM

I THINK IM GOING TO GET MY RADIATOR CAP PRESSURE TESTED BECAUSE THE BIKE JUST STARTED TO DO THIS AND I HAVE HAD THE BIKE SINCE 2001.HAS ANYONE EVER HAD A RADIATOR CAP GO BAD? IF YES WHAT MAKES THEM GO BAD? :thumbsup:

• Tattooart

Posted April 10, 2006 - 03:13 PM

sure radiator caps can go bad especially after a few years. they don't hold the right amount of pressure anymore. but then again what do I know. Just :thumbsup: replace it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.