Got my new 06 YZF 450!!

7 replies to this topic
  • VT30

Posted April 09, 2006 - 09:01 AM

I went with the blue one.. I drove 400 miles round trip to get it.. Saved $1000.00 local dealer wanted 6499 plus tax.. went to ny got out the door for 5990.. I already installed the factory concept skid plate.. Which goes on real nice.. my radiator braces are on backorder.. Anyone have the new factory concept gaurds?? Also wondering if anyone uses the sx4 spectro oil?? I think that is what I will use. Also have a jetting question I hear people are using a 48 jet and 170 main... Should I do this I live in VT and I ride between 200 and 600 above sea. The nicest thing I have noticed about my bike is the suspension!!! tracks thru the woops nice. Have not even adjusted it for my weight...
Thanks,
Joel

• NOMADAK

Posted April 09, 2006 - 09:25 AM

great price

you bastage! :bonk: :confused: :bonk:

I just picked mine up thursday. Rode yesterday for the first time. I am very impressed.

My competition is in trouble!

This thing is set up sooooo lean stock. I highly reccommend getting the jets in before riding.....if you can stand it.

the 48 pilot and 170 main are good points to start from, cooler temps will probably cause you to need to fatten it up from there though.

I was very impressed with the stock suspension. Very supple, tracked and jumped great. The bike fit me perfectly.

All this magazine talk about front end push :thumbsup: :thumbsup: , I was catching the inside line like a slot car.....first ride out with no changes to fork tube height.

• T H O R

Posted April 09, 2006 - 10:07 AM

Nice! I was going to go with Blue, but since I ordered it and it didn't come when they said, my shop gave me the SE and free boots for no extra charge! Here are some pics of mine:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=360525

• Hockey66

Posted April 09, 2006 - 03:21 PM

This thing is set up sooooo lean stock. I highly reccommend getting the jets in before riding.....if you can stand it.

I rode mine for about 3 weeks (I'm guessing 15 hours total), and pretty hard, before I got my new jets in. My dealer is VERY slow. Is there any damage I could have done in those 3 weeks?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NOMADAK

Posted April 09, 2006 - 10:50 PM

Is there any damage I could have done in those 3 weeks?

:thumbsup: yes!

Burned is the local jetting expert. He can enlighten you much better than I can.

It is possible to seize a 4 stroke.

• Slowmotion426

Posted April 09, 2006 - 10:55 PM

Nice! I was going to go with Blue, but since I ordered it and it didn't come when they said, my shop gave me the SE and free boots for no extra charge! Here are some pics of mine:

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=360525

That's the prettiest bike I have ever seen!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :confused:

• Stevequest2000

Posted April 09, 2006 - 11:37 PM

I have six hare scramble races on my stock jetting. Checked the plug after the first two-perfect. Checked it after the 5th race- perfect. I don't seem to be having a problem(apparently one of the few).

• Hockey66

Posted April 10, 2006 - 12:35 AM

Well, I definately didn't sieze it. It still runs strong as ever, much better with the new jets. Do you think it's fine, or could there be some sort of internal damage?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.