Check out Cycle World mag

19 replies to this topic
  • dbracht

Posted April 08, 2006 - 07:08 PM

May issue of Cycle World has a shoot out with the 650L,KTM,Husky and BMW. Found it on the newsstand today. Won't give the details but you guys should check it out.

• Mountain Road Madness

Posted April 08, 2006 - 07:12 PM

May issue of Cycle World has a shoot out with the 650L,KTM,Husky and BMW. Found it on the newsstand today. Won't give the details but you guys should check it out.

Thanks for the info. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• roadcam

Posted April 08, 2006 - 07:40 PM

no telling who wins a CYCLE WORLD road test, unless you have inside info which manufacturer has the biggest $$$ advertising account with them ... :thumbsup:

• Bear on a bicycle

Posted April 08, 2006 - 07:43 PM

no telling who wins a CYCLE WORLD road test, unless you have inside info which manufacturer has the biggest $$$ advertising account with them ... :thumbsup:

WHAT!? That doesn't happen... does it? C'mon... I don't believe it. Say it isn't so, Ethel!! :thumbsup: :confused:

• grreatdog

Posted April 09, 2006 - 04:15 AM

The one with the second fewest ads wins.

• wheelnut46

Posted April 09, 2006 - 05:48 AM

They like the XR. Except for the height and the small gas tank. But we all know that. Typical BS about it being "dated" etc. Cramped. I'm not sure what that means. Does the bike get you where you want to go? Does it get you back? Can you count on it? Do you have to work on it constantly? Is it (reasonably) comfortable?
What more does anyone want?

• grreatdog

Posted April 09, 2006 - 01:06 PM

Since they were testing "Adventure" bikes rather than true dual sports they liked the BIG horsepower laid down by the KTM 950. The "L" probably does seem a bit dated when you are laying down black stripes with a bazillion horsepower. I have to admit that if I were looking for a streetbike, that KTM would be at the top of my list.

• goblin127

Posted April 10, 2006 - 06:13 AM

I gave the article a quick look and thought the XRL did well considering it is old and dated,thats why I own one. You don,t have to wory when it falls over which is part of doing its intended job. Those KTM 950's fall over and there calling there insurance company.

• ghoti

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:08 AM

That's an odd test group. Which Husky was in there?

• HawkGT

Posted April 10, 2006 - 09:47 AM

TE610E

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • elrontx

Posted April 10, 2006 - 04:50 PM

the husky 610 died after i day and the factory sent them a new one seams like a great bike but having it break is'nt exactly confidence inspiring .i rode with a guy on a 950 ktm but it's more of a touring/adventure bike the xr650l is much better in the dirt

• Cobalt650

Posted April 10, 2006 - 05:16 PM

I've gotta' believe, I wanna' believe, that they will not stop producing the XR650L/R :thumbsup:

• dstark

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:04 PM

The only way they will stop is if they make something bigger & better. And how much does that KTM weigh... 400lbs? Dont get it anywhere near the mud. No dout it will beat it on the road.

• husky123

Posted April 11, 2006 - 03:31 AM

The only way they will stop is if they make something bigger & better. And how much does that KTM weigh... 400lbs? Dont get it anywhere near the mud. No dout it will beat it on the road.

Try 500! KTM list it at 485 so....

• goblin127

Posted April 11, 2006 - 05:11 AM

Can you immagine getting that thing stuck,and I mean really baried in the mud. Or maybe worse it falls over on you.

• Motosprtman

Posted April 11, 2006 - 05:14 AM

Honda in it's infinite wisdom, tends to saty with a long running produciton line bike like the 650L for as long as they can, cheap for them to manufacture and turns good profits. This they will do again with something more technologically advanced - but based on a known platform - and I think it is coming soon, maybe a year or two away. the CRF450 comes to mind in the form of a CRF450L, as an example or.... thet may take the XR650R - which has been around awhle and factory legalize it. Should be interesting to see what they do. It's been well over 30 years since the introduction of something totally new, like the SL's and XL's that replaced the twin cylinder CL scramblers.

• Triumphs

Posted April 11, 2006 - 09:12 AM

Can you immagine getting that thing stuck,and I mean really baried in the mud. Or maybe worse it falls over on you.

Seems like Honda could have provided a GoldWing to go better with this group then an XR650! :thumbsup:

• Jayzonk

Posted April 11, 2006 - 08:08 PM

Funny thing....I posted a thread on the Cycle World comparison about a week ago and no one paid any attention to it!

• dstark

Posted April 11, 2006 - 10:31 PM

485 dry, thats rediculous...does it have reverse and a CD player also?

• husky123

Posted April 12, 2006 - 03:16 AM

Funny thing....I posted a thread on the Cycle World comparison about a week ago and no one paid any attention to it!

Poor thing.... :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.