SFB flywheel weight rubbing cover??

3 replies to this topic
  • Woodman0007

Posted April 08, 2006 - 06:08 PM

I installed a SFB 13oz. flywheel weight on my 00 Yz 426 and replaced the cover with the on they provided and it rubs on the cutout area for the shifter. Has anyone had this problem?? What did you do to fix it or is this a mistake from SFB?? Thanks for your input.

• One Louder

Posted April 08, 2006 - 06:13 PM

funny you should post this I actually had two of the bolts that hold the flywheel weight on juggle loose and snap off while I was riding. :thumbsup: they blew a hole right through my cover. :thumbsup: Make sure you use locktight!!!!!!!!!! How bad does it rub?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Woodman0007

Posted April 08, 2006 - 06:19 PM

Bad enough you can barely kick it over. I made sure the slots were over the rivets like the instructions said. SFB had a note in the instructions to let them know if you had a rub. Makes me wonder if they have alot of trouble with it??

• One Louder

Posted April 08, 2006 - 08:32 PM

by the way welcome to TT. This place is a wealth of info :thumbsup: . sounds like this is a common problem for this company. I would follow their instructions, and make sure your bolts stay tight! :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.