2000 XR600R lite prob

2 replies to this topic
  • slepe67

Posted April 08, 2006 - 04:48 PM

The dude I just bought it from told me that everything is good coming out of the Stator. The bike has been modded with a battery, which is located in the red bag over the rear fender. Really. He charges the battery weekly, and its only use is to operate the lites. The bike operates without the battery being charged. It has turn signals, tail-lite, and headlite. The latter are stock, I believe, the turn signals appear to be aftermarket, as they are stubby and look like carbon fiber. The wiring under the rear fender looks like its been jacked with. (Turn signals?) Anywho, how the CRAP did he hook up a battery to it? How do I get rid of it? He also said there was a short in the turn signal switch, and when he hit the switch, it would blow the turn signal fuse, located under the seat. v Is this gonna cost me big $$$$$$$$$$$$??? anywho, thanks in advance. JL

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slepe67

Posted April 10, 2006 - 02:46 PM

Talked to the bike shop today. The dude said that I more than likely NEED the battery to operate the Brake Lite. The head and tails should work fine off of just the bike, but, the battery is needed for the extra juice req'd to operate the brake lite. Now, I pull on the brake lever and hit the foot brake. No Brake lite. Tail only. Anyone have any info as to what the solenoid or switch looks like, Part Numbers, etc., as well as location for this application. Aslo, said something about a 6V battery for the brake lite. &%$#@!? I might hafta get a diagram from him. Also, since I'm feeling lazy, anyone know where to get shrink wrap for wiring? Thanks in advance. JL

• XRidiculous

Posted April 10, 2006 - 07:03 PM

NEWS FLASH

Your Headlight and (Tail (maybe DC if you have a brake light)) work on AC Current, and other circuits use DC (Battery) which should take its charge from one of the stator legs, through a reg/rec. You need all that stuff if you want to be street-legal.

Look for a hydraulic switch, it attaches to your rear brake banjo, and to your harness. This senses your brake hydraulic pressure, and switches current to the brake light. A little harder to hook-up your front brake, but its do-able. You need to search-the info is out there.

Go to Radio Shack for shrink tube.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.