Need help quick! Rebuilding 03 YZ450F

2 replies to this topic
  • fastenuf4u

Posted April 08, 2006 - 11:33 AM

I got my suspension done and started working to get the bike put back together. I found that when I put the swingarm back on and tightened it to the specified 61 ft/lbs the swingarm is very stiff, almost impossible to move. I was looking in the manual and I noticed something that is making me think I forgot something in re-assembly. If you look at the following diagram (Swingarm Diagram ) and look at #8 it says they are "collars" but I don't remember taking them off and the manual isn't that helpful. Is the swingarm supposed to be stiff without the shock in place or am I doing something wrong? I have taken this apart before and don't remember having this much trouble.

My question is this part #8 listed above is it a semi-permanent part of the swingarm (like bearings) or can it just come off like the collars on the linkage? Also, does anyone have a picture of these little SOB's so I can search my garage for them? Thanks a ton!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tmckeown

Posted April 08, 2006 - 12:38 PM

Hi,

Swingarm should move easily. Normally those collars would stay inside that oilseal. Best of luck finding them.

Timo Mc

• fastenuf4u

Posted April 08, 2006 - 01:50 PM

Okay, I am not sure how or why but all of a sudden on my 4th attempt putting this thing on and tightening the bolts down everything fit's like butter and the swingarm is smooth as silk. Who knows, but I know I didn't lose any parts! Thanks!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.