HELP yz400f

4 replies to this topic
  • Kenpo1

Posted April 08, 2006 - 10:58 AM

I got a 1998 yz 400f, and want to do an oil change. The bike has no dipstick the previous owner put some aftermoarket deal on there... how much oil does the bike require??? Thanks guys.

• DRH

Posted April 08, 2006 - 11:39 AM

Here is the specs.....Total amount of oil is 1.80 US quarts. Use this amount if you drained the oil from every drain point on the bike. 1.70 US quarts if you only drain the oil and replace the oil filter, and 1.60 US quarts if you simply drain the oil from the crank case....Hops this helps.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • One Louder

Posted April 08, 2006 - 11:49 AM

the easiest measurement I found was to go by cc's

Total capacity 1700 cc
with filter change 1600cc
without filter change 1500 cc

If I were you I would get a new dipstick :thumbsup:

• berudd

Posted April 08, 2006 - 04:46 PM

Is it the Dr D thing that no longer stores the oil in the frame? If so, you will need much less oil than stock. Also, they stopped selling this kick becuase people where encountering some reliability issues.

• Kenpo1

Posted April 08, 2006 - 11:09 PM

Thanks!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.