Another Happy Rekluse Owner

38 replies to this topic
  • RichBaker

Posted April 11, 2006 - 02:08 PM

Thanks guys, yep .94 is metric, the manual says it should be between .03" (.76 mm) and .037" (.94mm). Instead of buying new clutch plates I could just replace another pressure plate with a Rekluse one I suppose. Did you guys have to replace more than one pressure plate?

The pressure plate is the part that sits on top of the stack and the springs/bolts go thru(stocker, replaced by the Rekluse pressure plate), it puts pressure on the clutch pack....you're referring to the "steels"...just want you to be using the correct terminology.

• flatnacker

Posted April 11, 2006 - 03:33 PM

Thanks mate, now for my next question-anyone using the handle bar mounted brake lever and clutch does the persch adjuster just slip straight into the Rekluse clutch lever assembly? Doesnt seem to fit very well...

• flatnacker

Posted April 12, 2006 - 03:04 PM

Anyone?

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 12, 2006 - 10:37 PM

Do you have the hand brake with the clutch override. I dont have that, just the hand brake, but I would like the override....maybe. Can you post pics.

• flatnacker

Posted April 12, 2006 - 10:42 PM

Do you have the hand brake with the clutch override. I dont have that, just the hand brake, but I would like the override....maybe. Can you post pics.

Yep I have the hand brake with the clutch overide, thing is no where in the instructions does it say how to set up their clutch with their perch adjuster-all instructions and photos are for the perch adjuster with the stock clutch and instructions of how you need to modify the stock clutch. I'll take some snaps on the weekend to show.

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 12, 2006 - 11:08 PM

I feel your pain. I must say, with as good as the Rekluse clutch is, the instructions suck, and I mean suck. They sent my set up for my 06 with no model specific instructions at all. They could really stand to upgrade the instructions and their website. I love the handbrake, its a great idea, but the setup is a little cheezey. I dont know why the perch and master cylinder arent like the front brake which is WAY more heavy duty. I think the whole set up could be a little better. Look forward to those pics, thanks, BnB. :thumbsup:

• WR450F_RDR

Posted April 13, 2006 - 06:21 AM

I have been going back and forth on whether to get a Rekluse clutch. Can anyone tell me that if I get it, will I loose that instant snap I now have with a standard clutch or can it be setup to behave very similar to a standard clutch. I love to use the instant snap to get the front wheel over logs, rocks and water which we have a lot of over here on the West coast.

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2006 - 06:26 AM

No problem with the snap to get over big logs. But you want to use the perch overide for doing 2 big logs that are only about a bike length apart. You need to get the revs up for the second log. There is a slight delay over a traditional clutch but you can adjust to that easily for single obstacles. The double pump over 2 sets of big 24" logs are a challenge for a stock Rekluse. :thumbsup:

• ncmountainman

Posted April 13, 2006 - 06:47 AM

24" logs dan? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR450F_RDR

Posted April 13, 2006 - 07:22 AM

Hey as long as I can get good launch off that first log the second is no big deal. :thumbsup:. 24" logs, I believe they are extinct on the West coast any more.

Ok second question and I believe there is probably a lot of debate on this subject anyway . I seems everybody is using Rotella or some other type of truck type oil with their Rekluse clutches. I imagine this is the suggestion of the manufacturer? Can motorcyle oil still be used? does the truck type oil have the correct properties to be safe for the rest of the bikes internal moving parts.

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 13, 2006 - 09:03 AM

24" logs dan? :thumbsup:

You need to get out more and ride around other States! Oh Yeah we got bigger trees up in Northern Michigan and Out west as well! You got to use your skid plate to glide over them! My buddies can do 3 footers like they have in the Moose Run but after 24" that is when I get off the bike and let her go over by herself! :thumbsup:

And you would not believe me if I told you we ride in floating pumkin patches! :confused:

Posted Image

• ncmountainman

Posted April 14, 2006 - 06:36 AM

You need to get out more and ride around other States! Oh Yeah we got bigger trees up in Northern Michigan and Out west as well! You got to use your skid plate to glide over them! My buddies can do 3 footers like they have in the Moose Run but after 24" that is when I get off the bike and let her go over by herself! :thumbsup:

And you would not believe me if I told you we ride in floating pumkin patches! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

i've seen you get off and push over 8" logs,your not using that special tape measure that says you've got a 14" peter are ya? :confused:

• ncmountainman

Posted April 14, 2006 - 06:41 AM

Ok second question and I believe there is probably a lot of debate on this subject anyway . I seems everybody is using Rotella or some other type of truck type oil with their Rekluse clutches. I imagine this is the suggestion of the manufacturer? Can motorcyle oil still be used? does the truck type oil have the correct properties to be safe for the rest of the bikes internal moving parts.

i've been running diesel oils in my bikes for almost 3 yrs with no failures,they are as good or better than the high priced MC specific oils. anyone who's ever seen the timing gears on a V series detroit can attest to plenty of gear to gear contact,and as long as we keep up on who's putting in to many additives...its all good :thumbsup:

• OlaGB

Posted April 14, 2006 - 07:24 AM

This rekluse clutch, have i understood it correctly if it only grips on throttle, and releases when you go all OFF the throttle?

How is this for wheelies? :thumbsup: Sounds scary to me..

• black_n_blue_thumper

Posted April 14, 2006 - 07:39 AM

Wheelies are just as easy with a Rekluse, especially if you have the clutch and your jetting all set up just right. Here is a vid of a few smaller wheelies, I can ride them much much longer now. BnB.

http://media.putfile...TAZZ--UP-ON-ONE

• OlaGB

Posted April 14, 2006 - 10:04 AM

Wheelies are just as easy with a Rekluse, especially if you have the clutch and your jetting all set up just right. Here is a vid of a few smaller wheelies, I can ride them much much longer now. BnB.

http://media.putfile...TAZZ--UP-ON-ONE

And you can regulate it with the throttle, without using the brake at any time?

I pull mine up sitting down in 2. gear, and keep it up through the 3. 4. and 5.th gear now, and i dont use the rear break at all.. only issue is front tire wear when letting it down on asphalt again in 60-70mph when the wheel is standing still :thumbsup:

cool vid though

• WR450F_RDR

Posted April 14, 2006 - 12:31 PM

And you would not believe me if I told you we ride in floating pumkin patches! :thumbsup:

Posted Image

That I have say looks pretty disgusting to ride thru, the question would be. Why? oh I know, because it's there. :thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted April 15, 2006 - 05:26 AM

And you would not believe me if I told you we ride in floating pumkin patches! :confused:

Posted Image

This might be better on a KTM? :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted April 16, 2006 - 01:56 PM

I did a quick 25-miler yesterday and everything is very groovy with the Rekluse. I did decide to switch to the heavy spring however, as I felt it was engaging too close to idle, and I did manage to stall it twice during two hill climbs. The lack of gearing lock when stalling on a hill really wasn't a big deal. That's what the front brake is for, so I didn't see it as any type of disadvantage.

The biggest related problem I had was from a dead battery, as I left the ignition switch on and drained the thing over the past week :thumbsup:. To make matters worse, I hadn't changed my jetting from winter mode yet, so I was running rich. When I stalled, the bike was very hard to kick over, especially on a rather steep hill. So with no magic button, and no ability to bump start it, I had to dead stick it back down to a flat spot so I could get a good spot to kick it over. The bike spent the night on the battery tender when I got back and all is fine now.

Lastly, I'm running 100% synthetic (Amsoil) and I didn't experience any negative effects, so I'm sticking with it. All in all, it's just like everyone says, the Rekluse is a kick ass product and I'm sold :thumbsup: ...SC

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.