Pro Circuit Pipe won't fit

6 replies to this topic
  • hall1012

Posted April 07, 2006 - 07:01 PM

Just wondering if anyone has had this problem...

I bought a Pro Circuit T496 for my 04 WR450, and one of the screw holes wasn't even close to the stock location. I have made it work for now, but who knows how long it's going to last. It is the Bottom screw, closest to the head pipe. If anyone has also had this problem, how have you made it work? Any advice will help a ton. :thumbsup:

• mjslim

Posted April 07, 2006 - 08:42 PM

Have you contacted Pro Circuit? If it's due to bad design, put them on the spot and ask them to make it right. Most good companies will stand by their stuff to protect their reputation.

• Matty05

Posted April 08, 2006 - 08:50 PM

I would put this bolt in first, sometimes you just got to manuver it around a bit.
Either that, or someone sold you the wrong one.

My procircuit has absolute perfect fit. My mates procircuit on his YZ450 has absolute perfect fit also.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted April 09, 2006 - 12:43 AM

I would put this bolt in first, sometimes you just got to manuver it around a bit.
Either that, or someone sold you the wrong one.

My procircuit has absolute perfect fit. My mates procircuit on his YZ450 has absolute perfect fit also.

Yeah, the T-4 on my TT-R fits better than the stocker did. It does take some "friendly persuasion" to get it into place

• yamwr426

Posted April 19, 2006 - 03:03 PM

My T-4 fits like a glove. Call them, you have the wrong pipe. Good Luck

• SJMC_DON

Posted April 19, 2006 - 03:19 PM

Installing the pipe first and then the header might work..... My FMF Q was just a little off there too but some persuasion and a big ass hammer, (usually reserved for my son's Suzuki), did the trick :thumbsup:

• GCannon

Posted April 20, 2006 - 09:49 AM

Is it the Header flange did you try rotate the flange on the header 180 and see if that helps?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.