4 replies to this topic
  • wheelnut46

Posted April 07, 2006 - 06:09 PM

I was looking at this XRL on ebay (not buying, just obsessed)
and I noticed that the shrouds are removed and it looks pretty sharp. I have the XR400 fender too so that's pretty much what mine will look like. Does anyone have definitive proof that removing the shrouds will not affect cooling etc. I cant afford the plastic tank right now so maybe I'll just start removing stuff.

• wr450fyamaha

Posted April 07, 2006 - 06:49 PM

Its not definitive proof, but just just think about it, unless you are going at a high speed (55+ mph) they wont really direct much air to the cylinder when you are more likely to need it. When going at a high speed, there should be more than enough air flow.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR_mad

Posted April 08, 2006 - 04:26 AM

the shrouds have to be there for a reason :thumbsup: otherwise honda wouldnt have bothered

• goblin127

Posted April 08, 2006 - 06:29 AM

the shrouds have to be there for a reason :thumbsup: otherwise honda wouldnt have bothered

And that reason honda put them there could be to make this bike (XRL) look like some thing it is not, to sell more bikes. That could be the bottom line for Honda. I think it was more of an advertising gimmick that works.

• XR_mad

Posted April 08, 2006 - 06:35 AM

you do make a point, i spose the xr600 doesnt have shrouds

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.