Header pipe, full system, or just stay stock?

2 replies to this topic
  • stillsun

Posted April 07, 2006 - 01:58 PM

I had picked up a Big Gun system that had the dual/split header design, however after finally getting all the dents out and cleaning it up, etc I went to mount it up and my big tank with its petcock on the right side will not allow it to bolt up, so it has to go. I'm debating trying to find another full system or just get a nice bigger header since the stock muffler/mid pipe on the YZ426F is pretty nice to begin with... what do you guys think? And if so, which header?

Also what do you guys think of the older E series White Bros system for the 426 with discs?

Or should I just keep the whole thing stock...

-J

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rasta

Posted April 07, 2006 - 03:46 PM

i ran the old white bros e series on my 426 for years, then went back to stock, either way the bike ripped and coulnt tell much of a differnce either way, i think the 426's and the early 450's were fine witth the stock set up but i put a dr.d full system on my 03 and it flys on low to mid range, but anyways i would run the pro moto billet end cap on the stock and the bike should be fine. plenty of juice unless you looking for a top end or lower end pipe. just my expirience and opinion.

• stillsun

Posted April 07, 2006 - 06:22 PM

i ran the old white bros e series on my 426 for years, then went back to stock, either way the bike ripped and coulnt tell much of a differnce either way, i think the 426's and the early 450's were fine witth the stock set up but i put a dr.d full system on my 03 and it flys on low to mid range, but anyways i would run the pro moto billet end cap on the stock and the bike should be fine. plenty of juice unless you looking for a top end or lower end pipe. just my expirience and opinion.

Does the PMB have a bigger opening than the stock cap? That is about the only thing I can see that is really any different from the aftermarket cans compared to this 426 can, because hell it's straight through to begin with, pretty big entry size and the outlet just doesn't seem as big...

-Josh

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.