Broke Spoke

4 replies to this topic
  • Goosedog

Posted April 07, 2006 - 01:43 PM

Can one of my fellow YZ'ers hook me up with a rear wheel spoke? I broke one last weekend and they want $60 for a whole set at the dealer parts counter. I only need one and it's off the rear inside, 4mm thick and about 20cm long. It goes on the 19in. rear of my '01 YZ426. If you're a wheel-builder and you've got one laying around I'd be happy pay you for the spoke plus shipping. Thanks ~Mark

• DRH

Posted April 07, 2006 - 02:41 PM

Don't you just hate that, Chapparal Yamaha tried that crap with me, but I found another dealer more than willing to sell me some spokes. I unfortunately was attending a race at Glenn Helen and got my front wheel in some Hondas foot peg, lost three spokes. It was a two day event and I tried to fix the bike for the second event but those idiots wouldn't budge. The next dealership a town or two over helped me out. They broke into a complete 60 dollar kit sold me the ones I needed. They didn't know what to charge me, so I gave them 20 bucks and took six, just incase I had to pass that Honda the next day. Shop around, some dealers are actually helpful and really don't want to rape and pillage everyone

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 97chevy

Posted April 07, 2006 - 02:51 PM

East Coast wheels sell individual spokes. I bough one for like 3 bucks from them. Just tell them to put it in an envelope and you probably wont be charged much for shipping. (i was charged 47 cents)

• dr250andrew

Posted April 07, 2006 - 03:41 PM

Hey i just broke one of my spokes a few weeks ago and i ending up buying the hole kit. If send me your name and address and stuff ill send you a couple.
or i can put them on ebay which might be a little easier if you have paypal.
just name a price for however many you want. :thumbsup:

• 642MX

Posted April 07, 2006 - 04:45 PM

Honda sells them seperately. The CRF spoke is the same as the YZF.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.