01' WR426 puking oil out the breather?????

5 replies to this topic
  • Ronin

Posted October 10, 2001 - 10:30 AM

my WR seems to be puking a decent amount (2-6 tablespoons) out of the crankcase breather hose. Is this normal? I thought only H-D's blew out oil like that.

thanks in advance,
Ronin

------------------
01' WR426
99' Buell X-1
01' Buell M-2L

WIDE OPEN TILL GOD TAKES YOU HOME!!!!!!

• MN_Kevin

Posted October 10, 2001 - 12:04 PM

Yes, it is normal.

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, Mobil 1 15W-50.

• buffaman

Posted October 10, 2001 - 02:42 PM

Yes that is normal, nothing to worry about. Mine does the same thing. If you don't like it blowing all over the frame and shifter you can extent or change the direction so it doesn't make as big of a mess...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted October 10, 2001 - 02:49 PM

Ronin,
A WARNING you should note: When you kick the bike over, the engine draws a vacuum through the head vent. For example - if you are in muddy water that is above the bottom of the vent tube, the engine WILL suck the water directly into the engine.

With the engine running, you will feel air blowing OUT of the head vent.

Several of us have re-routed the line and put some foam (or K&N air filter) into the end of the tube. I put air filter oil on the foam. After inserting the foam into the tube, I made a 2 small slices on opposite ends of the tube near the tip. I then ran a zip tie through the two slices and snugged it up. This will prevent the blowing air from blowing the foam piece out of the tube.

• Ronin

Posted October 10, 2001 - 03:18 PM

this is kind of funny, all the H-D's and Buells I have owned did the same thing. This is my first Metric bike in years, I always thought H-D only had that kind of stuff going on. Hell on the Buells your right leg will get covered in oil if you dont put a PCV valve, catch can, or filter on the end. Of course the Buell's have the breather routed to the airbox when they are stock, so that had to get routed to atmosphere. well anyway, I am rambling on.

thanks again,
Ronin

• Ronin

Posted October 10, 2001 - 03:18 PM

this is kind of funny, all the H-D's and Buells I have owned did the same thing. This is my first Metric bike in years, I always thought H-D only had that kind of stuff going on. Hell on the Buells your right leg will get covered in oil if you dont put a PCV valve, catch can, or filter on the end. Of course the Buell's have the breather routed to the airbox when they are stock, so that had to get routed to atmosphere. well anyway, I am rambling on.

thanks again,
Ronin

------------------
01' WR426
99' Buell X-1
01' Buell M-2L
WIDE OPEN TILL GOD TAKES YOU HOME!!!!!!
Posted Image

[This message has been edited by Ronin (edited October 10, 2001).]

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.