06' Works Connection Radiator Braces

8 replies to this topic
  • ethan

Posted April 07, 2006 - 09:32 AM

I just put on my 06' WC radiator braces. Excellent product and easy installation. I think they are significantly stronger than any other WC design because of the cage setup. You have to cut the white radiator guard on the front a little and mine isn't perfect, but overall it is a great item. I ordered them directly from WC, not cheap but I needed them.

• Zique

Posted April 07, 2006 - 09:39 AM

Are they better than the ones for the 426? I was debating if they were really worth it.

• MotoXman

Posted April 07, 2006 - 01:00 PM

pics please

• ethan

Posted April 07, 2006 - 09:14 PM

I don't have any pics but you can go the WC website and see them on the 06' bike. The reason the 06' braces or so much different/better is because they could not bolt them to the gas tank mount like on earlier 450/426 bikes. Instead they designed a cage around the entire radiator and used the radiator mounting bolts to hold it on; very clean and barley even noticeable that it is on there. I had already push my left radiator in some before I got the braces. If you have an 06' I really recommend them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • N_Boyd

Posted April 07, 2006 - 10:52 PM

Just got mine on! It takes a little more work than a regular bolt on item, but well Worth it! Heres the site with pics http://worksconnecti...ml?prod_id=3631

• 2012 450 xc-w

Posted April 08, 2006 - 06:17 AM

JUst installed mine. Awesome fit and really seems like they are bomb proof. :thumbsup:

• riderman329

Posted April 11, 2006 - 09:22 AM

i ordered mine wednesday, and got it friday morning, installed them, friday night at the track in the trailer, rode with them sat-monday. like what was said before there light weight, and you can't even notice them! there a bit expensive, but well worth it!

• yamahacrazy_310

Posted April 11, 2006 - 09:30 AM

$100 :thumbsup: I thought they would be cheaper....do they have cheaper ones out there???

• N_Boyd

Posted April 11, 2006 - 11:14 AM

I just rode with mine for the first time Sunday, and I'm glad i got them! I took a digger in a whoop section and probably would have been those low hanging radiators

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.