Question for Rekluse users

6 replies to this topic
  • byggd

Posted April 07, 2006 - 08:56 AM

I was out riding last week and got stuck on a a rutted out hill climb. I clicked it into first and started to give it gas and my back tire was stuck on a rock so I gave it a little more gas. The front wheel started to come up so I backed off and the bike stalled. I thought maybe it was jetting because the bike was jetted at 2000 ft at 70 degrees and I was riding at 5000 ft and snow on the ground but it started right back up and ran great every place else.

Any adjustments recommendations for the perch adjuster to avoid this?

• Indy_WR450

Posted April 07, 2006 - 10:50 AM

If you are rich on the pilot circuit you are prone to stalling issues with the Rekluse on our motors. :thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted April 07, 2006 - 11:51 AM

Thanks Indy. I'm running a 42 PJ, with a 170 MJ, blue #3 with the BK mod done. Do you think I need to install a smaller PJ or just turn the idle screw in when I ride at the higher elevation?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted April 07, 2006 - 01:39 PM

Yes some of the older bikes and the new YZ's without the ACV circuit run 40 and 38 pilot jets. :thumbsup:

• byggd

Posted April 07, 2006 - 01:59 PM

OK I'll pick up one of each and see if it helps. As long as it doesn't cause problems at 500-2000 ft I should be all set!

• flatnacker

Posted April 09, 2006 - 05:08 PM

If you are rich on the pilot circuit you are prone to stalling issues with the Rekluse on our motors. :thumbsup:

Soo you telling me one of the biggest selling points of buying a Rekluse is a load of bollocks?? :thumbsup: One of the major reasons I got a Rekluse was so I didnt have to worry about stalling, otherwise whats the point? You can still change gears on a normal bike without the clutch, so if you take away the non stall ability of a Rekluse then whats the point of it?? :confused: I am in the processof installing mine and am worried that it is all in vain???

• ncampion

Posted April 09, 2006 - 05:29 PM

The Rekluse won't cure a poorly carbureted bike. If the engine is set up right, and the clutch is set up right, you won't have stalls. Try it, you'll like it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.